Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let us note, during this time of delivery parties, first 1000 hats, model cars and the like, that it TRULY SUCKS TO BE CANADIAN RIGHT NOW. :brentil:

Side note to Pontiac Canada: Thanks for making us Canadians, who put down good money for this product months and months ago, wait just a little longer while you put a single unit in each dealership. I agree it is important that you get the product into the showroom, so that I can experience that oh-so-sweet extra-long delay - designed, I know, to make me appreciate the vehicle that much more when I get it - so that I get mine just in time to test out its snow handling abilities. I really appreciate that one.

Thanks also for making us feel special by sending us enthusiasts some Solstice memorobilia - oh, hang on, that was the folks in the US. But thanks also for sending us regular email updates so that we could have some feedback on the car's progress... Oh yeah - that was the US, too.

Nevertheless, let's rejoice in the fact that up here in Canada we don't need TV early order programs, First 1000 launch parties, branded hats or any other kind of customer razzle-dazzle. No, up here all we really need is a company strong enough and secure enough in its reputation to let us sit patiently, entombed in silence, until we get a vehicle we can park in the garage for 6 months. Thanks a bunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
Ouch......... :leaving:

Hey, who says sarcasm is lost in a post?
Danno - Stay strong brotha'!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
NEWSFLASH!

Canada is another country. ANOTHER COUNTRY!

Companies tend to do product launches in their own country. Not sure if your aware of that...

Flagg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
I feel for you!!!

I know it is like being a kid and waiting for christmas.

It WILL get here!!!!!!!

Later!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Danno said:
Let us note, during this time of delivery parties, first 1000 hats, model cars and the like, that it TRULY SUCKS TO BE CANADIAN RIGHT NOW. :brentil:

Side note to Pontiac Canada: Thanks for making us Canadians, who put down good money for this product months and months ago, wait just a little longer while you put a single unit in each dealership. I agree it is important that you get the product into the showroom, so that I can experience that oh-so-sweet extra-long delay - designed, I know, to make me appreciate the vehicle that much more when I get it - so that I get mine just in time to test out its snow handling abilities. I really appreciate that one.

Thanks also for making us feel special by sending us enthusiasts some Solstice memorobilia - oh, hang on, that was the folks in the US. But thanks also for sending us regular email updates so that we could have some feedback on the car's progress... Oh yeah - that was the US, too.

Nevertheless, let's rejoice in the fact that up here in Canada we don't need TV early order programs, First 1000 launch parties, branded hats or any other kind of customer razzle-dazzle. No, up here all we really need is a company strong enough and secure enough in its reputation to let us sit patiently, entombed in silence, until we get a vehicle we can park in the garage for 6 months. Thanks a bunch.
WOW, I didn't think you guys got upset unless it was a hockey game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
To all the Canadian brethren on the forum, be hopeful, I saw a dark blue Solstice in Toronto this past weekend. I got an up close look as it was parked on the side of the road as my wife and I walked through Bloor West Village. As I said it was dark blue had a black leather interior and the top was up. The convertible top was still a bit wrinkled at the wings but didn't look too bad. My first assumption was that it was a pre-production car being driven by a GM employee, but then I noticed it had regular plates on it, I'm not sure if that means anything.

The one thing that really was a bit troublesome was that the front plate was mounted with this really cumbersome lookning stamped steel mount which badly hurt the look of the front end. This is not going to be a problem for you guys in the States that don't require front plates but for the States that do and in Canada we will really have to come up with a more aesthetically pleasing solution. Otherwise the car looked awesome and I look forward to seeing them more often on the Canadian roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Flagg said:
NEWSFLASH!

Canada is another country. ANOTHER COUNTRY!

Companies tend to do product launches in their own country. Not sure if your aware of that...

Flagg
His point, cause apparently you missed it, was that GM "CANADA" didn't bother to do anything for us "CANADIANS". And not only that, they are sending showroom models to dealershow rooms before our cars. Which is a double wammy as far as were concerned.

I agree Danno, it does suck to be Canadian right now. Not only that but the Leafs can't seem to pick up a free agent to save their life and we've already lost 4 players to other teams! Damn Salery cap! You americans have too many teams, you're breaking hockey!!

Sorry, I got off on a tangent there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Danno said:
Let us note, during this time of delivery parties, first 1000 hats, model cars and the like, that it TRULY SUCKS TO BE CANADIAN RIGHT NOW. :brentil:
But hasn't it always sucked to be Canadian? ;) Just kidding of course! :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
You think we'll have our cars in time for Christmas!!!

Bought_It said:
I feel for you!!!

I know it is like being a kid and waiting for christmas.

It WILL get here!!!!!!!

Later!

That's great news. First NHL Hockey and now Solstices for Christmas. :willy:

Oh wait at minute, it's f---ing freezing here at Christmas. :brentil:

Sarcasm is an folk art in Canada. :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Sarcasm is an folk art in Canada. :yesnod:
:agree:
Screw French, I vote Sarcasm as our 2nd language.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
Look at it this way: at least you can travel to almost any country in the world & not be hated.
Not sure if your joking, But I was in europe and Asia for five years, even in turkey poland and Chech Republic. They don't hate us (actually like us prety well), it's just the damn governments. Heck, we have half of a political party here in America that truly hates America, we should worry more about that.

Oh yeah, SOLSTICE's are cool!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Just got done watching my Solstice training video, thought I would throw some interesting tid bits out there....

1. Some of you may have read that the body panels are hydroformed (process for molding metal with water) which makes them lighter because of denseness, but also more ridged that regularly formed panels. What you may not know is that the chassis is also hydroformed, so the ENTIRE CAR is very ridgid, but flexible. Should make for a great ride.

2.The stereo system has a hook up for an I Pod or similar device, so you can bring along your 75 disc changer in your pocket!!!

3. The top is made by Haartz, and is extremely durable. Also the Backglass is ACTUAL GLASS, rather than plexi or plastic. Sidenote, you will be happy to know that there is apparently an optional headliner for top up luxury, and reduced wind noise.

4. There is no spare, but did you know that there is a tire inflation kit and sealant kit in the trunkspace? Includes inflation tools.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Flagg said:
Canada is another country. ANOTHER COUNTRY!
And the only country outside the U.S. I know of that will even be getting Sol's this year. Maybe GM should pull the cars slated for Canada and send them to a country that would be more appreciative. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
I love Canada

My wife and our two kids camped in Birdsill park lots of beer and large camp fires and singing. Spelling for park name probably not correct. We had fun had to sleep alot in the day to get ready for the next night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Air fare to Canada on Canadian Airlines $300, Canadian Bag of Chips $1.00, Canada Dry Soda Pop 75 cents, Angry Candian on the Solstice Forum.....Priceless! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
heismybooty said:
Danno, would you like to have my hat and shirt? I am serious, I have no use for them. Just let me know, I will be glad to send them your way...
Ooooh!!! I want them! If nobody else takes them I'd love to have them!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top