Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! This is John in Noblesville, Indiana. I have just become the new owner of a red 2006 with 15,000 miles on it. My wife made me give up motorcycling so this is my new toy. It has been cared for very carefully, never driven in the rain or snow, and kept garaged with a cover over it during the winters.

I can't promise that I will be THAT careful with it but I probably won't drive it when the streets are very messy if only 'cuz I'm too lazy to want to clean it up.

The previous owner has several cars and he sold this one to make room for a Corvette.

I don't see a whole lot of activity on this section of the forum but it would be nice to meet other owners in Central Indiana, to talk about mods and to pick some brains as I learn more about the car.

Kind regards,

John [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome, John! More that one former biker here...when it just has to be four wheels, make it a Kappa! Enjoy!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome. I've had mine for about 1 1/2 yrs now and still can't stop staring at it when I'm putzing around in the garage. Love that thing! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, all of you! Glad to meet you and hope we can get together sometime. I can't keep my eyes of of mine either - it is red, well known to be the fastest color.

John

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine's red too and I kicked some kid's rearend in a yellow camaro yesterday. Don't mess with this old broad, you whippersnapper you! :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chip

Hi Everyone, and thanks for chiming in! :)

I was looking at those hard tops for sale but I really don't want to take off the trunk lid. It would be nice though. There has been some mention of a carbon fiber race-only top apparently related somehow to SCCA racing but I haven't been able to find a vendor.

After seeing Tim and Janet's beautiful ride we did order arm rests. They look pretty good but I haven't installed them yet.

Also on order and in the mail is a performance enhancing chip from Lyndon at Western Garage. Guess I need to get out there and find out the 0-60 number so I can see if the chip is worth the money. :brentil: It better be 'cuz Momma ain't too happy with me right now! :nono:

John in Noblesville Indiana

·
Super Moderator
16,347 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hard top

Wow, that Smoothline is one very nice top! I'd love to have one! But I think I'd better not bring it up to my wife just at this particular time! (wink, wink!) :devil:

Thanks Rob!

And I ordered the chip from WESTERS GARAGE (Not Western!)

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts