Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Welcome! Like the bronze, blue and red. You might check out the gallery, some various colors have already been tried.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for those photoshop examples! They look great! I generally like bright or dark colors, such as red, darker blues (not navy) etc. However, all those colors look good on the Solstice. I guess a good design will do that for you!

I cannot wait to see what colors will be available on the production car!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updated with new colors and some stripes!

As for the tutorial on PhotoShop, too lengthy to go into. It took some cutting out, copy and pasting, many layers, and different layer options (multiply, opacity, duplicate layers).

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the extra colors. Now all I have to do is wait for Pontiac to offer burgundy. I'd wait a year or more if it's not offered initially. Looks great with the tan interior in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mmmmmmmhhhh
Chrome Orange is so tasty...

Thank you so much!!! gimme gimme gimme my CO Solstice Pontiac!!! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for posting that! I just can't help but see Barney driving that purple one (if he could fit)! I personally would LOVE to have a pink one!! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm guessing they'll keep things simple and offer only basic colors for year 1 (red, white, black, grey, silver), maybe throw in 1 wild color like yellow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
As well as PhotoShop and web site programming, :p

I also have an A.A.S degree in Autobody Repair, :)

Anyone worried about the warranty on their paint, cause you could have what ever color Solstice you would like! For me I'm thinking maybe a metallic deep blue with green pearl coat ^^. But I'm mostly crazy anyway, mostly.

P.S. Pink did you say.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Merkidemis said:
You wouldn't happen to have a tutorial on how to do that, would you? Nice work.
Changing colors in Photoshop is pretty easy. The method I've used is:

1) Draw a path around the painted surfaces of the car. remember to exclude the tires, trim, glass, interior, etc.
2) Turn that path into a selection.
3) Copy the selected area.
4) Paste the selection into one or more new layers. This way you can play with opacities and try multiple colors easily.
5) On the new layer, with the path still selected, go to "image" then "adjust" then "Color Balance"
6) just move the sliders around and you will change the color of the painted surfaces of the car with out affecting the rest of the car.

This is just the basics, you can get more indepth with it if you want. Of course I left out instructions on basic things like making a path, and creating layers, but for that type of instruction I would suggest you go and get one of dozens of self help books out there. Photoshop is the greatest program ever IMHO. The best part is, as you're learning, you can always go back. If you try something and it's totally wrong, just go back! It's easy to learn yourself.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
533 Posts
piippor said:
Anyone worried about the warranty on their paint, cause you could have what ever color Solstice you would like! ....
I had a car repainted and it was expensive (about $3K). I'd prefer to wait for the right factory color.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Well the problem is I really don't think Pontiac is going to offer me my CO. So if I want it either I buy a Lotus with it, or I get my car repainted.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I want mine in British racing green, with a 4" wide white stipe, offset on the passenger side.

Oh, and God told me that he thinks the Lotus Elise looks "busy". :blueangel

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
This from someone that thinks "Azteks are pretty"?!! :confused

Thanks piipor. Yes, mine will have stripes, even if it's just contact paper. (There's a print shop down the street that does custom graphics on a lot of show cars)

But pink....eek! Anisabellydance, bet you used to play with a Barby Dream Car! :glol

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hey! I never said I had any taste. :jester

I'm just telling you what God told me. :crazy

If you guys can tell me what God drives, I can tell you what he told me, right?

1 - 20 of 107 Posts