Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April Fool's Day Run

Are there any folks in KC who want to join my wife and me in Independence for a run on Saturday, 1 April out around the I-70 Speedway area? Either post a note here or send me a PM so that we can work out details.

I have a mapped out run that I want to try and it will be more fun with more than one Solstice. Hopefully it will be warmer on the 1st than it is supposed to be this Saturday so that we can go topless.

Once we know who will join us we can work out the details of time and place to meet. Our schedule is very flexible for the day. We might even be able to make arrangements to check out the Speedway since we will be in the area.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody available on the 1st? I need some help to work out a couple of routes for the Meet in July.

·
Administrator
9,148 Posts
GO_DRVN said:
Anybody available on the 1st? I need some help to work out a couple of routes for the Meet in July.
Come on Midwesterners - help a guy out!!

Hey...its tons of fun running with LOTS of cars, meeting other owners, speeding down the highway! :lol: Quite the experience!! :D

I know that there are several of you in the area - Help GO_DRVN out with the Nat'l Meet Run and you will have an advantage over the rest of us! :lol:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MomsSol said:
I know that there are several of you in the area - Help GO_DRVN out with the Nat'l Meet Run and you will have an advantage over the rest of us! :lol:
Yep, maybe they won't need the "O GEE" school of driving to know which corners you can take at speed. :blueangel :D

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright... I have talked to a husband about his wife's car, a wife about her husband's car, email from a guy on call at work, and a PM from one guy that gets off work at 3 on Saturday.

It looks like we can have 3 to run the route and a possible forth if he doesn't get called in to work. We can have the fifth (not in a bottle either) meet us for dinner in Independence.

Are there any others that want to go for a run out to the Odessa and I-70 Speedway area on Saturday April 1st? Weather Service says 68 degrees and mostly sunny for the day...looks like top-down weather to me.

Send me a PM if you want details to meet with us.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fun was had by all - lap photos to prove it :)

Today was a good day t the track. I-70 Speedway opened for the 2006 season and the first cars rolling around the track were Solstice. 2fun and his wife in the Aggressive. Brenda and Bob in her Sly. GO_DRVN and my wife in the Mystres.

All the photos are in the gallery.

Teasers below as attachments.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts