Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Michigan Kappas are hosting a six day Fall Color Driving Tour based in Beckley, West Virginia from October 15-20, 2018. A few spaces remain for any that may be interested. The event is currently posted as a Private Event page on Facebook and it appears that status cannot be changed. Send a Friend request to James Lyddon to view the page, or if not on Facebook, send an e-mail to Jim at [email protected].
Five to six different organized runs are planned each day lead by Road Captains that have lead rides at NASSAM. Independent touring options are also available. A campfire will be held each evening Monday thru Thursday with a banquet on Friday night catered by the #1 restaurant in Beckley. A Meet and Greet will be held on Monday evening. A club member is working on setting up a car show on Wednesday evening.
A Room Block is held at the Country Inn, the #1 lodging in Beckley at $99 per night, all taxes included.
$25 per person registration and $25 per person for the banquet. Event T-shirts $12-$15.

The Hotel Room Block, Regular Registration, and event T-Shirt orders MUST BE COMPLETED BY THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13th, 2018. Come on out for a great week of fun!

James Lyddon
Wicked563
734-612-5400

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
official t-shirt from the event...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
banner displayed at the hotel

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
here are the cars... ( no brazen/orange , no envious/green )

( me :cool: )

( Wicked Mike )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts

( Wicked563 )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts

DDMWorks was not present at the event, but they sent some goodies

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
I got a souvenir as I was leaving Virginia and entering West Virginia...

( about the size of a quarter )

:nonod: :banghead:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
We were there as well through sat am. Had a great time and made some new friends. Unfortunetly we came home with souvenir too. While on a road that looking back we probably shouldn't have been on (not one of the guided tours), something along the side caught the lower edge of the passenger door and the quarter between the door and wheel opening. The door is scratched and the quarter dented slightly. It is good to have a body man in the family. All in all it was still a great trip.
The only thing missing on the "fall colors tour" was the fall colors. They are a week or so late this year. No way to know that when planning.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
William: What a bummer. I inherited about 10 chips on my hood after being RC all week. Going to have to get them fixed. I don't remember a time when something was thrown up at me. Was a good week with some great roads. Nice having Sirwm on my Thursday run. William: See you in NY 2019.

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
Photos from the banquet...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
So how did a Michigan Car Club end up hosting an event in West Virginia?
At the conclusion of the Club’s 1250 mile coastal tour of Michigan in 2015, Detroit Club
member and Squire, WV native Weldon Robinson said he “would love to see a ride developed in his home state of West Virginia.”
Research was begun, and planning evolved over the last 3 years, culminating in the week’s events. Weldon owns two Saturn Sky vehicles.

The Register-Herald newspaper wrote an article about the club's event. The article is attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
We were lucky enough to select the tour of Weldon's "home town" that Weldon was part of. It was great to get an inside look at the area with someone who grew up there. We got to see his schools, tech school and the township he was drafted from (proud Viet-Nam vet). We also got to see the home he was raised in. It was a great day of driving through beautiful country and the narration by Weldon made it the best tour of our week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts