Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Daewoo: Not bad
Buick: Nice
Opel: Great!
Chevy: What the hell! They pick this over that great looking Nomad? Possibly the UGLIEST car rendering I 've seen in years! Looks so much like a jogging shoe it even has ventilation holes in the toe....er, nose...yeah, grill. Only thing missing is a concave roof line for around the ankle. It's all ready got the Velcro lace cover for a windshield. And speaking of that..How you going to open the doors? Do we go back to knee knocker windshields that died a well deserved death in the early sixties? :mad

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The Buick and Opel are the best of the bunch. The Daewoo is very strange looking to me and looks like.... well, Daewoo I guess, and the Chevy looks like a damb tennis shoe (however they might be going for a Nike tie in!). Can't believe they would consider this over the Nomad. The Buick needs some work, they seem wedded to the Roadmaster grill, and it just doesn't work for me that well, maybe a smaller opening. The Opel looks well enough, but seems dated. Reminds me of show cars from the 70's and early 80's.

If they build the Chevy one though, that's it, GM is finished. Bob, you gotta ask yourself, would you want to drive that thing every where you go??!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I cannot say I am too crazy about any of those. The Opel and Buick may hold some promise with some work, but I dunno. The Buick has a somewhat classy look to it that I think would fit their brand image. The Opel has family some resemblance to the Opel Speedster. But they just don’t do much for me.

As for the chevy… wtf! If these are any indication, it looks like the GM designers are struggling to come up with more good looking vehicles to put onto Kappa. Also interesting… no Saturn drawing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts