Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we approach the first meet of the new year I thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread, so we'll start out with the regular meet info...

Do you live in North Carolina's Triangle area? Well, even if you don't if you feel like coming we're not going to stop ya'.

Maybe you’ve heard of cars and coffee, but now we have Kappaccino. Get in your favorite GM 2-seater and drive over to Kappaccino, a gathering of driving enthusiasts where proud owners from the Triangle area and beyond meet to talk cars and have some breakfast, a cappuccino, or just a cup of regular joe.

And it's all free, minus the drink of course. I hope to see you there.

Kappaccino flyer
Invitation Cards
Date: Last Saturday of the month
Time: 9:00AM
Place: Barry’s Cafe 2851 Jones Franklin Rd, Cary, NC

Here is the exact address for all of you GPS fiends... 2851 Jones Franklin Rd, Cary, NC 27606

Weekend Forcast

If anyone has new ideas and would like to sponsor an event this year or if you would like to register a vote for the status quo; post away or come on out this Saturday for a cup of joe. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Busy weekend, but I can fit a morning breakfast in.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Busy weekend, but I can fit a morning breakfast in.
Great BV, it sounds like we may have a new owner joining us this month so I'm glad you could make it out. We're getting good response on the Facebook page too so it should be a nice gathering.:thumbs:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pretty sure I can make this, I'm leaving to drive to Jacksonville tomorrow morning and should be there by late tomorrow evening. Would be nice to meet a bunch of you guys and gals so count me in!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure I can make this, I'm leaving to drive to Jacksonville tomorrow morning and should be there by late tomorrow evening. Would be nice to meet a bunch of you guys and gals so count me in!
Excellent, welcome to NC! I hope we see you there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well doesn't look like I'm going to make it after all. Just got to Jacksonville and Cary is about a 2hour drive from here. If I wake up ill try to make it

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well doesn't look like I'm going to make it after all. Just got to Jacksonville and Cary is about a 2hour drive from here. If I wake up ill try to make it
I sounds like you've done a lot of driving, you are more than welcome to come, but if not perhaps we'll see you at a future meet.

It isn't really a great day for open coach motoring, in fact it's a good day for ducks or maybe ducksol, but the breakfast at Barry's will still be hot and delicious. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
getting ready to leave for Barrys now. raining good, but the pancakes should be worth it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If y'all are still there, I'll see you. Weather being so carppy, I decided to sleep in! The daughter and I are going to go eat brunch there anyway (It's a normal thing for us to do on a Saturday).
Thanks, y'all!
-Matt

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If y'all are still there, I'll see you. Weather being so carppy, I decided to sleep in! The daughter and I are going to go eat brunch there anyway (It's a normal thing for us to do on a Saturday).
Thanks, y'all!
-Matt
Considering the weather it was a good meet-up, Sorry we missed you Matt, I'm sure we'll sync up next time. At least a couple of us were talking about going to Cars & Coffee next week, it's always the first Saturday at Waverly Place; at the corner of Kildaire and Tryon Roads.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Good to see all ya'll again! We were there, kd, till just before 11AM, so maybe we crossed paths and didn't know it. Maybe next Saturday or End of March.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll see what's on the agenda next weekend for sure.
Yeah - wasn't able to get out as soon as I thought. We were there right around noon. Enjoyed a nice brunch and had a great time; always nice at Barry's!
Next time!
-Matt

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kappaccino Lake Tour

Okay our next meet will be our first run of the season. We'll start at Barry's Cafe at the normal time, then we'll take a nice run crossing and along three area lakes. Jordan Lake has some nice views, some of the more curvy roads will be down around Harris Lake. We'll make a couple of stops along the way and end at the Aviator Smokehouse in Fuquay Varina for lunch. You can do as much or as little of the event as you'd like.

The last Saturday falls on the 27th, we've moved the event up on the schedule this year in hopes that we wont see 112 degrees this time. :D

Who's in? :driving:

Barry's Cafe - Home of Feed the Firefighters Station 1

SmokeHouse | Aviator Brewing Company

Map of the route: Barry's Cafe to Aviator Smokehouse - Google Maps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wish I could have shown up Saturday, but unfortunately it fell on the same day as the Raleigh Amateur Radio Society's swap meet. This month loos promising for me attending though, so I look forward to meeting y'all! The Aviator is in my back yard, so that will be a plus.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kappaccino Lake Tour

I did a test run for the Lake Tour yesterday. Nice day for a ride. Is there any interest in a brewery tour at the Aviator at the end?

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Sounds good, won't be so hot this time of year.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts