Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Cool...just ordered one. Looks like it is only for the passenger side and not the driver side.....Correct?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, although it is really designed to be used by the driver. We found in testing that having it under the driver's right leg meant you had to lift throttle to reach it, and it was actually more comfortable to reach over the hump, like you would with the factory cupholder.

·
Registered
746 Posts
After an intensive, 950+ mile test with one on the passenger side, works as it should with acceleration, cornering, and braking! Water bottle never had a chance to evacuate its allotted spot!

Tried a small styrofoam Whataburger cup with lid and straw, but the Korral causes the cup to lean, and if it is too full, the lid will pop loose. But as advertised, it was not designed for styro cups!

Thanks Hal and Steve!

Glad to have purchased one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I purchased two :dthumbs: I have one mounted on both seats. The drivers is mounted to the left next to the door. I had my 48oz drink securely held on my drive back from DFW. Well worth the price:dthumbs:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have me one yes thank you very much. Just can't give you any feed back for I haven't been to the Tail of the Dragon.:lol: Maybe after Nationals.:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I wouldn't have believed it, but the KKKK does indeed work on the driver's side next to the door. The door sill is high enough that the hoop meets the door sill below the bottom of the door. So now you can carry two bottles or containers, or use whichever side you prefer with just one. Thanks CLSOL for discovering that for me!!

Now I have to update the darn website again...:lol:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Well, I wouldn't have believed it, but the KKKK does indeed work on the driver's side next to the door. The door sill is high enough that the hoop meets the door sill below the bottom of the door. So now you can carry two bottles or containers, or use whichever side you prefer with just one. Thanks CLSOL for discovering that for me!!

Now I have to update the darn website again...:lol:
...and I'll have to buy another one! :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Glad I bought two Quad K's. Behind the backbone this was the second best mod I did this weekend.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
...and I'll have to buy another one! :D
I was thinking the same thing. My Kontainer Korral arrived yesterday....I like it...very handy and out of the way.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What a piece of Krap! :D

Brilliant! Gotta say that is a stroke of genius.

Oh, should add, I'm gonna buy one...Very reasonable, shipping too!

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
KappaKool! Just ordered mine. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Thanks - I ordered a pair.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You're fast. The website is already updated for orders of pairs. I just sent mine. BTW let me know when you offer a chrome version. :cool:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
website not coming up......any problems??

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
There was a auto renewal on the name by Godaddy a couple of days ago, that may have caused a glitch, but it seems to be working now. Just in case, if kappakrap.com doesn't work, you can also use

kappakrap.googlepages.com

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
got mine - thanks.

One thing to note - I have a car that has the seat adjuster on the
left side of the driver's seat.
So, as is, the device would not go into the driver's seat.
It seems that the seat pocket has less depth at the far left end of the seat.

But a minor adjustment to the device solved the problem.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts