Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Custom trunk box/tray held in by stap or velcro. Including a place to hold important papers without having everything free in the trunk. Don't forget a license plate holder for those two state people.

2) Think caddilac here, a trunk pull down mechanism that would detect that the trunk is in the closing point and grab and pull it to a closed position without having to slam the trunk closed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Idea 1 sounds great. I dont think idea 2 would work well for this car. Thanks for the suggestions! You guys really are awesome :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Cool Stuff

Lillie said:
Idea 1 sounds great. I dont think idea 2 would work well for this car. Thanks for the suggestions! You guys really are awesome :)
Lillie,
Any ideas on what you may be offering in the future? I myself would love to see a chrome bezel for the backup lights, along with a cockpit cover.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Judging from the dialog on this forum, you ought to have some custom grilles, maybe some white face gauges, and a wood or carbon dash kit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Remote starter

How about a remote starter for use with the solstice. I know a lot of them are out there, but I don't like how the safety feature works to make sure that a manual car is in neutral to start the car. I think that there should be some sort of sensor that does the job. Also, make it so that you can still use your original clicker to start the car by holding one of the buttons down or something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:agree:
also, i dont know if its possible, but a rearview mirror kit like the one on the concept

·
Registered
182 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
how bout the shifter gates from the concept to replace the boot????
:agree: Now that would be COOL!

·
Registered
62 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
What's a shifter gate? Does someone have a picture of it?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Excelsior said:
1) Custom trunk box/tray held in by stap or velcro. Including a place to hold important papers without having everything free in the trunk. Don't forget a license plate holder for those two state people.

2) Think caddilac here, a trunk pull down mechanism that would detect that the trunk is in the closing point and grab and pull it to a closed position without having to slam the trunk closed.
Soiltron said:
Judging from the dialog on this forum, you ought to have some custom grilles, maybe some white face gauges, and a wood or carbon dash kit.
fak429 said:
Lillie,
Any ideas on what you may be offering in the future? I myself would love to see a chrome bezel for the backup lights, along with a cockpit cover.
SolsticeDesire said:
How about a remote starter for use with the solstice. I know a lot of them are out there, but I don't like how the safety feature works to make sure that a manual car is in neutral to start the car. I think that there should be some sort of sensor that does the job. Also, make it so that you can still use your original clicker to start the car by holding one of the buttons down or something.
GradSoulStice said:
Hey guys
These are all great ideas, non of which I will disregard blindly, however there are some that are more realistic than others.

Custom grills are very high on the list. We should have something in the next month.

Custom carbon/wood/aluminum interior is also on our list.

The chrome bezel is interesting. I also love the idea of the Gated shifter. We would obviously design it to integrate the interior of the Solistic.

Our website should be up in the next few weeks. Thanks for the ideas. We appreciate your input and patience.

Neil

·
2,574 Posts
Road & track review

R & T noted in their review (oct 05) that (referring to the gauges) "the chrome bezels reflected sun into the drivers eyes". This is something I will want to address asap for what it's worth. :(

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Lillie said:
Thanks for the suggestions! You guys really are awesome :)
Lillie, how's the front plate mount coming?

Interestingly, none of the Solstices we saw at GM Canada headquarters had mounted the front plate.

I wrote to our MTO and they replied "Currently, we do not have any plans to review Ontario's licence plates."

Hence, need front plate bracket as our fine is $110, plus show up at the cop shop in 72h. May not have to mount it this year.

But by Spring next year will definitely need a solution. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

Interestingly, none of the Solstices we saw at GM Canada headquarters had mounted the front plate.

I wrote to our MTO and they replied "Currently, we do not have any plans to review Ontario's licence plates."

Hence, need front plate bracket as our fine is $110, plus show up at the cop shop in 72h. May not have to mount it this year.

But by Spring next year will definitely need a solution. :)
Tell the judge your plate was stolen maybe he or she would lower the fine. Not

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cover Plate

I've noticed in pictures, when the top is down the latch point is exposed
A "color matching," "snap in" cover plate would be nice

·
Registered
493 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I am going to answer for Lillie...
Ahhh, the front plate mount, this is like a bad dream... putting a front plate on such a smooth design breaking all the front lines. I am still trying to figure it out. I am doing some research on other cars with similar designs (see photo). Too bad we don't have European style plates, long and skinny... easier to blend into the original design of the car. But then again, in Europe, you HAVE TO have a front plate.

Give us about a month, let's see what we come up with.

Neil

1 - 20 of 68 Posts