Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone
www.KappaSphere.com is now open for business. Yahooooooooooo!!!
As a grand opening special, if you buy any of our car covers we will throw in a car cover storage bag and a free T-shirt.

In order to receive your free t-shirt with your cover; first you must chose a cover of choice (add it to cart), then add the t-shirt to the cart and fill out the Coupon Code with: TSHIRT. We do this in order to get which size t-shirt you want.

The site took a little longer than we wanted but I think it was worth the wait. Kappasphere is focused on the Kappa platform cars. Right now the products are all Pontiac Solstice focused but as the release of the Saturn Sky approches we will have Sky stuff too.

We are really looking forward to providing the best products for your Solstice and offering you unparalleled customer service. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or call me.

Cheers
Neil

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Looks great. :cheers:

Can't wait to see all the products you guys make.

If you go to the site and get the old KappaSphere questionaire site hit Ctrl-F5 to force your web browser to recache the website.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice. In the words of Arnold.......I'll be back!!!! Can't wait to put toys on my toy. That is when I get my toy!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
Can't get in with Firefox.
I did.

But on both IE and Firefox, when I loaded the site from the link... the navigation menu was not in the right place. When I refreshed, it was.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
Try upgrading to 1.5 B2. Also as Fortimir mentioned the first time you load it the navigation menu jumps into the sky almost. Just click a link in it and for me that seemed to fix the nav menu once it reloaded.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry about this bug. Our Webmaster is working on a fix. Click Refresh and it corrects itself.

We're excited to finally get this new site up and will be even happier as we add to our product line-up. We'll definately have a few of these items on our Solstice at the West Coast Meet.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...no it doesn't

shinoo said:
Sorry about this bug. Our Webmaster is working on a fix. Click Refresh and it corrects itself.

We're excited to finally get this new site up and will be even happier as we add to our product line-up. We'll definately have a few of these items on our Solstice at the West Coast Meet.
Tried it with FFox beta 2 and with IE. Finally got to see the wheels for sale, but after that none of the links work, even with a refresh. Will keep trying, tho.
:cool:

·
5,600 Posts
I think you are off to a great start. Very clean and professional looking web page.

·
5,600 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
I have Firefox 1.0.6 and I got in just fine.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Nice site so far, it needs more products, but that will come with time.

Also, you can't register if you're from Canada, there is no country/province choice for us :( And some info about and suggested prices by weight, for shipping to Canada would be helpful.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Are the lowering Springs you're offering a set of 4? Also do you have pics of a Solstice lowered using the springs?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I notice they offer what they euphemisitically call a "cold air intake."
I did some research on such systems (which also contained a K&N free
flow intake filter as well) and and found the effects of such a system were both unimpressive and noisy (which the manufacturer rather hilariously
characterized as a positive - the high pitched sucking sound). The max
HP increase reported BY THE MANUFACTURER was a paltry 2 HP for the ecotec 4 cylinder engine. Aside from the fact that even these small increases were not verified by an independent testing company, it was suspicious that claims of "cold air" (actually the air comes from the same place the stock intake draws air) was suspiciously devoid of evidentiary data.
The other system also was costly - about $300, and oddly enough, was
constructed of metal piping and plastic, hardly thermal insulating materials.
Oh, and the air filters cost a lot more than stock filters, and be careful where
the intake is located - too low a position and it's possible to suck in H2O
and do a number on your piston and/or connecting rods. That was a warning
from the manufacturer, apparently from past experience.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kingarthur said:
I notice they offer what they euphemisitically call a "cold air intake."
I did some research on such systems (which also contained a K&N free
flow intake filter as well) and and found the effects of such a system were both unimpressive and noisy (which the manufacturer rather hilariously
characterized as a positive - the high pitched sucking sound). The max
HP increase reported BY THE MANUFACTURER was a paltry 2 HP for the ecotec 4 cylinder engine. Aside from the fact that even these small increases were not verified by an independent testing company, it was suspicious that claims of "cold air" (actually the air comes from the same place the stock intake draws air) was suspiciously devoid of evidentiary data.
The other system also was costly - about $300, and oddly enough, was
constructed of metal piping and plastic, hardly thermal insulating materials.
Oh, and the air filters cost a lot more than stock filters, and be careful where
the intake is located - too low a position and it's possible to suck in H2O
and do a number on your piston and/or connecting rods. That was a warning
from the manufacturer, apparently from past experience.
kingarthur
Thanks for your input. Maybe this system isn't for you. We see this with all manufacturers. They usually bad mouth the intake and the exhaust, only to offer there's a few months later. :lol: We were even hinted by our sources at GM that the Solstice needed an intake in a bad way.
As far as the sound being bad... well that's subjective. IMO it sounded pretty sweet. A nice deep rumble when you have the pedal down. In order for an intake to inhale such amounts of H20 you are speaking of the intake has to be much lower than where it is right now on the car. Our system is going to be in the same position as the stock box.
We appreciate your research on this product, but it is nothing we didn't do before even thinking about offering this product.

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
OK, first of all.... I'm in NO WAY affiliated with kappasphere. But generally speaking, it's not a good idea to bash our supporting vendors. If their products turn out to suck, then maybe they will deserve some constructive criticism.

If the Solstice community wants aftermarket support, let's not shoot down the vendors before they even get off the ground, huh? Granted, aftermarket support will come along no matter how the forum treats them, but wouldn't it be great to have a good relationship with the aftermarket vendors?

Also, if their covers are 10% cheaper somewhere else, you might want to throw them a bone anyway. They're trying to get off the ground. They are throwing in a free bag and T-shirt (although that would basically turn their customers into walking billboards).

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2KWK4U said:
OK, first of all.... I'm in NO WAY affiliated with kappasphere. But generally speaking, it's not a good idea to bash our supporting vendors. If their products turn out to suck, then maybe they will deserve some constructive criticism.

If the Solstice community wants aftermarket support, let's not shoot down the vendors before they even get off the ground, huh? Granted, aftermarket support will come along no matter how the forum treats them, but wouldn't it be great to have a good relationship with the aftermarket vendors?

Also, if their covers are 10% cheaper somewhere else, you might want to throw them a bone anyway. They're trying to get off the ground. They are throwing in a free bag and T-shirt (although that would basically turn their customers into walking billboards).
We appreciate any kinda support we can get... thank you, classy move. :cheers:

Neil

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks for the note, will check out a cover very soon.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I have been promoting our Supporting dealers through out our forum in different threads, I feel that as long as their price is withing a few dollars of the competition they deserve our support.
I am sure they understand competition in the market place, and will try to adjust to it the best they can.
I would encourage other members to also promote our supporting dealers, when ever you run across a thread that is talking about a product that our supporting dealers carry.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts