Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
9,243 Posts
Thanks for doing a test Red. I will pass this along to VerticalScope but may be a while for response.

·
Administrator
9,243 Posts
Trying very hard to get someone from VS to address this! John and I are very attentive to checking new members for possible spammers but, some are not from suspicious ISPs/countries. Nor are they on any blacklist reports.....so, until they actually post spam they are left alone.

I know that Toronto is in a shelter in place (for the last 1-2 weeks) but I presume VS has people working from home.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Not sure what it is about human nature and squawking on the internet, but it's very easy to do. I've been a moderator on a forum before and there is always someone that isn't happy about something. I'd like to think it's because members do truly feel a connection to a forum such as this and don't like it when it's abused.

It's not so much a criticism of the site or it's caretakers as much as it's not wanting to see someone taking a crap in your front yard.

Proper respect to the mod's!

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Not sure what it is about human nature and squawking on the internet, but it's very easy to do. I've been a moderator on a forum before and there is always someone that isn't happy about something. I'd like to think it's because members do truly feel a connection to a forum such as this and don't like it when it's abused.

It's not so much a criticism of the site or it's caretakers as much as it's not wanting to see someone taking a crap in your front yard.

Proper respect to the mod's!
Agree 100%. I'm an administrator on another forum and know exactly what these folks deal with ever day. Fortunately I don't have to deal with VS in my capacity on that other forum. Kudos to each of the mods here.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
The spam filters do seem to be learning. We have been averaging five spam posts a day from new "members". Today was two posts (so far), with three caught. I call that progress.

·
Administrator
518 Posts
Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed response, we have a bit of a backlog.

We are currently making some tweaks to the spam settings with weekly releases and beefing up security through reCaptcha so it should help with the spam this week.

Once those are resolved we will start working again on bugs and new features.

Jeff M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts