Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my full size customized van which was darker in color (Mopar dt3435 russet sunfire metallic). I found that keeping a good film of Meguires on it and daily dusting with a Kozak cloth kept it looking fantastic. When the Kozak was fully used I got more life out of it using it on the Crager Mags. Of course if it gets too dirty or wet dirt like mud or freeway spray they it was time to give it a hand job top to bottom.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Funny, the wife treats me the same way...

OK, just the last part ;) :devil:

·
Registered
120 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
397 Posts
:lol: I was thinking the same thing 2kwk - man we're a bunch of sickos! :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
OZ40 said:
When I had my full size customized van which was darker in color (Mopar dt3435 russet sunfire metallic). I found that keeping a good film of Meguires on it and daily dusting with a Kozak cloth kept it looking fantastic. When the Kozak was fully used I got more life out of it using it on the Crager Mags. Of course if it gets too dirty or wet dirt like mud or freeway spray they it was time to give it a hand job top to bottom.
Care to clue a newbie in on the terms

Meguires?

Kozak?

Crager Mags? :lurk:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I have black, it's real tough, shows everything. Only saving grace for me is mine is 2nd car so I can leave it home when weather is bad.

Most products also come in a spray form for quick touch ups. Spray it on and wipe buff it with a rag. I think keeping it clean is best defense.

I'm going to also look at one of those car duster things too.

·
Registered
397 Posts
sight unseen said:
Care to clue a newbie in on the terms

Meguires?

Kozak?

Crager Mags? :lurk:
Meguires: A brand of car care products (polishes, waxes, etc.)

Kozak: Not too familiar with this myself - a brand of detailing cloth is my guess.

Crager Mags: a brand of wheels - the "Mag" being an older term for alloy rims. Comes from the magnesium that was used in their production.

Ok class - you'll be tested later. ;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More on Kozak cloths

"Kozak" cloth is a brand name product. It is roughly 2 ft. by 2ft. and is gray in color with a scent reminiscent of licorice. It comes with it's own storage pouch and has a somewhat loose pile to it and the idea is get a good wax on your car and wipe it daily with your Kozak cloth, only takes a couple of minutes and you're done. They work great!

·
5,600 Posts
But if there is any dirt on your car, wouldn't the Kozaks cloth wax it into the finish?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I know there are other threads on the Zaino process but a quick mention here. It has made an incredible difference in the appearance of my Mysterious! Dust literally blows off, and I've actually seen insects unable to get a footing on the hood and slide off like they were skiing down the slope! :lol:

I've been told that Zaino shows especially well on darker cars, and I would have to agree.

·
Registered
5 Posts
problems with dark colors

I have had several black vehicles, and keeping them clean is a pain, even after washing them they still have swirls in the paint (that you can see in direct sunlight) waxing does take it out, but who wants to wax that often?
I have finally found something that works great, after a wash and dry you mist this product on and dry with dry soft towel, or even better one on the micro fiber towels..... it really works great the product is 3M brand shine enhancer..... it's not cheap, but it does things to paint that nothing else I've tried will do :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I'm either not the purist some of you are or I'm too strapped for time, or both. My car gets a hand wash whenever I can but it gets a spray at the car wash more often. If you go to a car wash and the rinse leaves white spots on your car find another wash. The owners are not removing the chemicals and solids from the water with a good filter system. I'm designing a new car wash for a client and have learned the importance of the water filters. A good car wash will leave your car looking good for those in between cleanings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts