Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
I understand, I guess around 8:00 A.M I will head out my house (since mapquest indicates 3 hours till Kerriville) and I can check my phone regularly for the lunch time to meet y'all between Starbucks & Kerriville? :)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
That'd be great, Steve. KV14. Thanks. Might need a vulture or camel cutout added to your menagerie... :glol:

We'll prolly do lunch in Comanche around 11:30-12ish. Won't know any exact times until we start rolling.

·
Registered
572 Posts
We'll prolly do lunch in Comanche around 11:30-12ish. Won't know any exact times until we start rolling.
Bleh still way out of my way since I'm from Houston, maybe I'll meet up with Charlie and we can have a Houstonian get together before! :thumbs: hah

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
That'd be great, Steve. KV14. Thanks. Might need a vulture or camel cutout added to your menagerie... :glol:

Got you covered! Same color as last year and I'll try to find the Camel...already got the Buzzard as I hit one with the NA. :thumbs:

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Put me down as a strong maybe, gots to check the project calendar at work, before I can be committed 100%. Will be running Blizzaks, so tour group, need to keep enough tread to finish out the winter....:willy:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:
And shall we be needing a reservation at the Casa Tastrophy? The usual room for Mz A Rose, in the Slobber Suite? ;)

·
Administrator
9,155 Posts
And shall we be needing a reservation at the Casa Tastrophy? The usual room for Mz A Rose, in the Slobber Suite? ;)
Perchance, Mr. stuck, would there be more room at the inn?

Perhaps the hairball suite would be open?

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
:thumbs: Perfection!

·
Registered
572 Posts
This is a very technical run...especially when we get to the Three Sisters. The run group usually hits the run pretty hard, while the tour group (which isn't really at tour speed) does hit it quite as hard.

Having done the run group as an experienced driver with Autocross experience...I would actually suggest that you first try the tour group. This is NOT the place to try pushing your car to the limits. :jmtc:
Well I really would like to attempt the Run and by all means I would not mind slowing down and being near the end of the group to just have a feel for this type of meet. I really just want the experience and enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
No sweat. :thumbs: Got you on the list. It is the best way to do the 3 Sisters since it goes in both directions.
Alright thanks Stuck, and is there any additional information we need to provide you with or anything? Like once we reserve the hotel room give you the # or any other specifics a newbie like myself should supply with? Do we need driving helmets as well or is a radio fine. Etc, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Nope. You're good. We'll take a headcount that morning for dinner. You don't need a helmet, the radio is fine. I would recommend a good earpiece or headset. When the top is down, you can barely hear the radio.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nope. You're good. We'll take a headcount that morning for dinner. You don't need a helmet, the radio is fine. I would recommend a good earpiece or headset. When the top is down, you can barely hear the radio.
Driving with the top down? What a ridiculous idea! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
You should get your wind restrictor before. I'm thinking of getting one just for the trip.

So, if you guys are leaving at about 9:30 from Dallas, about what time will you be in Kerville? I'd like to roll in before 6 on Friday

21 - 40 of 137 Posts