Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
You should get your wind restrictor before. I'm thinking of getting one just for the trip.
Yup! Was going to call them up and get one right about Christmas but then I ran into another problem.. Top down = top in trunk which means even LESS (yeah, who could of thought less right?) room in the trunk. So how would I bring a suitcase? Is everyone else hitching up a trailer or something?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Charlie: It'll probably be around 3:00pm that they arrive at K-ville. They're having lunch around 11-12 I'm guessing and that's still a few hundred miles from K-ville.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Rats, I didn't think about that. and the wife wants to come too so for sure, I'll need any and all room for that. I haven;t read all the posts yet. If we get a room and leave our stuff there and then go on the cruise but it's more of a 1 way thing. BTW... what brand / model radio works best. I'd like to go ahead and get those now. and mic and ear piece would surely help.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Rats, I didn't think about that. and the wife wants to come too so for sure, I'll need any and all room for that. I haven;t read all the posts yet. If we get a room and leave our stuff there and then go on the cruise but it's more of a 1 way thing. BTW... what brand / model radio works best. I'd like to go ahead and get those now. and mic and ear piece would surely help.
You'll need to get them. I got my radios from Fry's. FRS type. Midlands are the best bang for the buck.
He posted that on the shirt thread. Not sure if he's finished with the shirt order if you still haven't ordered yours. He says he's getting a few extras but .. yeah.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Midland is a great value! E-Pay can be your friend. A good fitting Ear piece is a PLUS! PM me if you need more info.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You should get your wind restrictor before. I'm thinking of getting one just for the trip.
So, if you guys are leaving at about 9:30 from Dallas, about what time will you be in Kerville? I'd like to roll in before 6 on Friday
We'll hit Kville between 3 or 4. Get unpacked and move to the veranda for an evening toddy.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yup! Was going to call them up and get one right about Christmas but then I ran into another problem.. Top down = top in trunk which means even LESS (yeah, who could of thought less right?) room in the trunk. So how would I bring a suitcase? Is everyone else hitching up a trailer or something?
We don't travel the highway with the top down on the way to Kville. Once we're on the actual cruise, THEN the top comes down. Only gonna be there 2 nights and you'll be very surprised at how much you can actually get in there. You can cram a very large gym bag back there.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
shirt order. I'm way behind. I want a couple shirts. I had a decent set of walkies but I could not find one. I'll get a set and one with a headphone jack. Believe be, I have crammed some stuff in the back before. I even saw a photo of a dude crammed in the back.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Haha okay well I'll make it work. Can't believe I was actually thinking of hitching a trailer or something of that sort to my Soltice. :brentil:

·
Registered
363 Posts
We don't travel the highway with the top down on the way to Kville. Once we're on the actual cruise, THEN the top comes down. Only gonna be there 2 nights and you'll be very surprised at how much you can actually get in there. You can cram a very large gym bag back there.
Call me a sucker, but I ordered this:

I'll let you know how much space is in each bag when it gets here tomorrow.

·
Administrator
9,155 Posts
Call me a sucker, but I ordered this:

I'll let you know how much space is in each bag when it gets here tomorrow.
I've used those bags (I have 2) a lot....if you pack them right there is lots of room in them...and still able to fit.

I use the 'rolled' clothes vs the folded method. I also do several pairs of jeans and shirts on hangers behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Mel, Mom, no pressure, but if y'all get to come play, PoPs and Mrs PoPs will be there driving the beer truck. I'm thinkin' it might be a sighting on par with seeing a yeti, but that's just me...:willy:

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Mel, Mom, no pressure, but if y'all get to come play, PoPs and Mrs PoPs will be there driving the beer truck. I'm thinkin' it might be a sighting on par with seeing a yeti, but that's just me...:willy:
The Chupacabra lives!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cost and where you bought it from?
I originally didn't answer this, but I realized they are a forum sponsor. So I got it from PFYC.com. It comes out to $115 shipped, for the set of 2 bags, and if you like them on Facebook, you get a code $10 off, so my total came to $105. This was the cheapest I found this set anywhere.

The bags arrived yesterday and they are pretty roomy, actually. Each is about the size of a good gym bag. Certainly enough room in each bag for a person to pack for a long weekend.

·
Vendor
1,510 Posts

So, if you guys are leaving at about 9:30 from Dallas, about what time will you be in Kerville? I'd like to roll in before 6 on Friday
Tx btw we're in the Dallas Area if you wanted install too.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts