·
Registered
363 Posts
We have made reservations! :yesnod:

Can't wait to see everyone! :grouphug:

We'll be driving the Avalon and in the Tour Group this year. :willy:

Leaving the Sol home :cryin:

To get it and trailer ready for June in the Poconos. :thumbs:
Just to be clear: 4 months is not enough time to put a car on a trailer?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,200 Posts
Just to be clear: 4 months is not enough time to put a car on a trailer?
It is interesting the assumption you made being relatively new to the forum. The fangs tow a nice white trailer behind their nice white GXP.

If I recall, they had a problem with the trailer the last time they drove it back home . . .

Perhaps they will respond . . .

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, that gave me a chuckle. However, I have no comment to offer. I'm sure there's more to it than that. Get IT and the trailer Ready could me lots of things.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
It is interesting the assumption you made being relatively new to the forum. The fangs tow a nice white trailer behind their nice white GXP.

If I recall, they had a problem with the trailer the last time they drove it back home . . .

:agree:

They have scheduled a stop in KV on their way back from Vaca in Fla.
Repairs made on Trailer before the journey to the Poconos in June.

·
Registered
363 Posts

:agree: Nobody likes it when newcomers intrude on their private club and ask questions. Welp, back to my corner.

·
Administrator
9,155 Posts
:agree: Nobody likes it when newcomers intrude on their private club and ask questions. Welp, back to my corner.
Not a 'private club' and thers no intrusion...just many of us here have known several members here from previous meets and nationals.

No need to go "back to your corner"...looking forward to meeting you at Kerrville (provided the weather cooperates and we can get out of Wisconsin).

·
1,492 Posts

howdy from CO,

Yes we have a tag a long trailer for our Sol.

On our return from our cruises in Ohio and Virginia this Fall we had a bearings go out. So we decided that since the SST trailer was 7 years old we should redo it.
We've replaced bearings, air shocks, and new tires. Working on new lights.
GXP Sol gets new shocks tomorrow and after we get back from FL new tires.

Looking foreword to seeing all our friends in Kerrville. See ya! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
hello. I'm thinking about registering for the hotel this weekend. I plan on heading up there that Friday after work so I should be there by 9PM. I take it on Sunday once we leave in the morning we don't come back to the hotel? just trying to get my times right. Forgot to say I need a large and XL shirt if still available and I'll take a sticker too. think I'm in for the RUN group. How has the weather been in Kerville in February? we are seeing some unusual but nice cooler weather this month and who knows, this could be the february that it snows in TX. guess we'll have to see. I found some radio's I had. need to do a run check and see how far they work and if they have a headphone jack. Looking forward to spending my B-day with you guys as mine is on the 9th.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Very nice. I've got you down for 2 shirts, XL-1 & L-1. You are correct about Sunday, we check out and head to the house. If past history holds, we'll be on the veranda having cocktails when you come in on Friday.

Hill Country weather in Feb is usually cool and sunny. We've had 2 bad weather days (rain, fog & wind) over all the years we've been doing this. One year, we did have some serious cold, 19 degrees, and it was kinda tough in the morning because we couldn't get any heat in our tires.

Pre-Happy Birfday. ;)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
OK. We survived the Xmas Light cruise, Kerrville is next.
For the n00bs:

Prior to showing up for the Kville Run/Tour make sure that you have topped off your tank, topped off your fluids (especially the oil), check your tire pressures, made sure you have good batteries in your radios, turned VOX OFF (if your radios have voice activation) and if you have a passenger that gets even the slightest bit car sick, make sure they have Dramamine & a barf bag.

Chime in if I've left anything out, y'all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The shirts run a bit large (at least mine did) so you may want to order a size down if you dont want them baggy. I'm between M and L depending on brand, but the large feels like an XL to me.

61 - 80 of 137 Posts