Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, I'm an XL either way you look at it. could probably get the wife a medium then but I'd rather it be too big than too small.

I found the radios I had, put fresh duracells in them and tested them out. they are crystal clear all the way down the road which is about 600yds but if I sit in my car, I lose reception. does it sound like i should buy new ones? these are motorolla and they are blue with digital readouts. does this sound normal or should I add them to the list of things I want to shoot with the AK?

·
Registered
363 Posts
well, I'm an XL either way you look at it. could probably get the wife a medium then but I'd rather it be too big than too small.

I found the radios I had, put fresh duracells in them and tested them out. they are crystal clear all the way down the road which is about 600yds but if I sit in my car, I lose reception. does it sound like i should buy new ones? these are motorolla and they are blue with digital readouts. does this sound normal or should I add them to the list of things I want to shoot with the AK?
CBs require LOS generally. They kind of work without LOS, depending on the weather, but at greatly reduced reception. So if the antenna is breaking LOS with the other car, then you might notice some loss, but it should still be audible in that situation imo.

I don't know your CB configuration but an external magnetic antenna may be a good option, rather than replacing the radio.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
...I found the radios I had, put fresh duracells in them and tested them out. they are crystal clear all the way down the road which is about 600yds but if I sit in my car, I lose reception. does it sound like i should buy new ones? these are motorolla and they are blue with digital readouts. does this sound normal or should I add them to the list of things I want to shoot with the AK?
I used Velcro to attach them to the top of the waterfall so the antenna is up above the bottom of the glass. However, you can hardly ever go wrong with the AK solution...;)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Can't go wrong w/ Midlands. I think they're the best bang for the buck. Make sure you get a decent earpiece, the ones that come with it kinda suck. Here's what I have, LINKY. Can't hear a thing w/ the top down.

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Well I saw on the Sky side that the last room in the SWSC block was booked. Three days ago. [email protected]

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Making reservations now, there are a number of rooms available yet.
One day I'll learn not to procrastinate.....nah, ain't gonna happen!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Why do today what you put off until tomorrow? ;)

To everybody else, the block date ends in a couple of weeks and there's another group at the hotel for a convention. So, if you're on the fence---prolly need to unfence...:yesnod:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Why do today what you put off until tomorrow? ;)

To everybody else, the block date ends in a couple of weeks and there's another group at the hotel for a convention. So, if you're on the fence---prolly need to unfence...:yesnod:
I just called the IOTH they said the block was full ... I had received an email from them about the +/- $67 rate ... told her to give me that rate but put in the notes that I am with the SWSC group and that someone would be in touch to straighten things out.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
TX08, go ahead and get on it for the $67 rate. You can always cancel later if something happens and you can't come play.

Thanks, Mike. I got a call into the Events mgr and I'll let y'all know what we work out. This happen just about every year since I sign the contracts 9 months to a year out.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
OK, got ahold of IOTH. The $67 room rate is a special corporate rate, not controlled by IOTH. It is an interweb special, pre-pay and supposedly non-refundalble (although it doesn't say that) in the non-remodeled rooms with no full breakfast. They are not coming off the $85 a night deal we have already. At the time, the normal rate was $84 + breakfast ($11). If you book this rate, be sure to tell them that you are with SWSC, so we get credit for our block.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
cool. paying bills right now and will see what I have left. Christmas came around in a hurry this year and I ( I meaning the wife ) seem to always spend double what I planned. I'll get in one way or another though. this is my first trip with an auto club and am really looking forward to it. Pretty much considering it a birthday present to myself. see you all soon.

·
Registered
984 Posts
OK, got ahold of IOTH. The $67 room rate is a special corporate rate, not controlled by IOTH. It is an interweb special, pre-pay and supposedly non-refundalble (although it doesn't say that) in the non-remodeled rooms with no full breakfast. They are not coming off the $85 a night deal we have already. At the time, the normal rate was $84 + breakfast ($11). If you book this rate, be sure to tell them that you are with SWSC, so we get credit for our block.
I just talked to IOTH ... changed over to the SWSC rate and the block of rooms ... very nice man .. no problems whatsoever!!

81 - 100 of 137 Posts