Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
:willy: gosh, as much as I was raised up to appreciate stuff, all I can say is STOP. Just. Stop. Now. Ok, In a few hours, now that I see not only is it snowing at de Casa, also pretty much following the route...less see, if I shoot straight west, make a left at Pueblo, left again at Tucumcari...

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Because of the snow moving through North Texas, we have to change plans. We will still meet at Starbucks tomorrow. If you can't make that, make your way down as best as you can. Once we get south of Dallas/Fort Worth, we should be OK. I'll be catching 377, in Benbrook, and going down to 16 at Comanche. We'll head to San Saba for lunch. Should be there around 12:30-1.
The Mismanagement

·
Administrator
9,151 Posts
FYI...we are in Whitesboro headed your way!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hope you guys have fun! We've been kinda absent recently but may get to join back up in time for the Revolver Brewery cruise. Have fun with the sisters and post some pitchers for us snow-bound peoples in the Metroplex.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey guys, I definitely can't make the run as I am taking my car into the dealer tomorrow due to a serious electrical issue.

They are giving me a loaner sedan, so maybe I'll be able to make it up to Kerrville for dinner. I'm really bummed about this as I've been looking forward to this run for about 6 months.

I hope you guys have a blast on the backroads and I'll look forward to hearing the war stories if I'm able to get up there for dinner.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
maaaan, that was a lot of fun. Ive always been more of a conservative driver and this was a nice (wicked) change of pace. The route was very exciting quite challenging. My GXP is stock and it handled the turns and the fast up hills with authority. I'll try and do some work to the suspension and build up my nerve and next year should be just as fun. Stuck and the guys did a great job of organizing everything and everyone made it back in one piece. What a great time.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Thanks for the shots. :thumbs:
Run went very well, thanks to everybody who braved the weather. It was great seeing y'all again. Next year will be 20-22 Feb, 2015. Since the weather spirits have :pooed: on us 2 years running, we'll try the weekend after President's Day.

·
Administrator
9,151 Posts
Stuck...thank you for the evening spent at Casa Trophay! Also, for once again providing a great run with great people. We made it home last night around 9:30. 2 days down to drive 1 day and drive 2 days home. Well worth the long trip!

It was nice to meet some new kappa friends as well!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Mom, it was great seeing you and Mel again. Thanks for making the haul. We forgive you for dragging the snow with you. ;)

There are plans afoot for 4 or 5 of us heading up for the '15 Dells. :willy:

·
Administrator
9,151 Posts
JBD did. He said he would post it as soon as he had some time. Knowing JBD, that could be in time for Kville '15. ;)
Hal took one as well!

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Mom, it was great seeing you and Mel again. Thanks for making the haul. We forgive you for dragging the snow with you. ;)

There are plans afoot for 4 or 5 of us heading up for the '15 Dells. :willy:
Great time, only takes me a week or so to get back to the forum! :thumbs: thanks again for the room and board at Casa Tastrophy, always great to see everyone. I thunk we drug it (snow) right back north with us, quite literally...at least BoB was clean for a day :lol:

121 - 137 of 137 Posts