Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kerrville 16 will be February 19th - 21st. Make your plans to drive the best roads in the most scenic area of Texas. For those that don't know, the 3 Sisters area is a technical course and even at slower (Tour) speeds is not a Sunday drive in the park. It is a very challenging and fun drive due to the length and many twisty sections. The Kerrville Run is the full length version of the 3 Sisters Run that was offered for the Austin 2011 Nationals. Lunch for the run will be at the Bent Rim Grill in Leakey and dinner will be at the YO Hotel.

We'll be staying at the YO Ranch Hotel, 2033 Sidney Baker/16, Kerrville (877-967-3767). Rooms are $85/95 King & $95/105 2 Queens a night and we have a 15 room block (Block ends January 20th). Before you Expedia Commandos start hammering me on the rate, this price includes breakfast. Make sure you aks for the the February SWSC rate since we also have a block in December. If there any booking problems, contact me so we can get it straightened out. If you have any questions, please aks them in open forum. Chances are pretty good that someone else is wondering the same thing and it also saves me from a PM barrage.

Radios are MANDATORY since we'll be out in the boonies and have zero cell reception.

When you sign up, I need to know whether you want to be in a Run (Fast) or a Tour (Not as Fast) group and how many will be coming. I will also need some Run/Tour Leads since we want to keep the groups to no more than 10 cars in a chase pack. and, hopefully, this will be the grand unveiling of my new toy. As with all things SWSC, this is an open cruise. We don't care what you show up in, just show up...

Friday
9:30 - Launch for K'ville. Starbucks (132 W Loop 820 South) at 820 and White Settlement.
Lunch - TBD.
Dinner - OYO
Saturday
8:20 - 3 Sisters Brief
8:30 - Launch
Dinner at the YO
Sunday
8:45 - Return home Lunch TBD

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*merrychristmasbump*
Hotel block ends next month, so don't let it sneak up on you...

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*thisisnextbump*
Hotel block ends next month. Start getting your head wrapped around some post holiday twisties.

·
Registered
763 Posts
In which city would I find Starbucks (132 W Loop 820 South) at 820 and White Settlement?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ouch! I'll be on the beach on South Padre Island. I might consider meeting you if the run started in San Antonio. Thanks for the response, though.

On our way back to Iowa on March 1st, we are going to spend a night at A Unique Farm and Ranch. I wondered if you've ever done a run to that neck of the woods. I'm looking forward to getting some nice Solstice pictures with those beautiful animals.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The actual run is Saturday in Kerrville, about 45 mins fron SA. The Fort Worth location is just the DFW folks gathering to come down.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*stillwriting2015bump*
Hope everybody is having a Happy New Year. Time to start thinking twisties down in the Hill Country. Also, the hotel block ends the 20th, so don't get caught out. Be there or be twisty-less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll be there, plus two. A Solstice and a Fiesta ST. Saturday only; coming from SA. Put us in the slow group for now. Thanks.

3 sisters pre-brief at the YO Ranch?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Kville Run is a month out. The hotel block ends tomorrow on the 20th, so don't get caught out because the YO is kinda strict on the ending date. Hope to see everybody getting their twisties on at the 3 Sisters. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Emailed them to you, Nikki. Can't post attachments here.

Since the BBQ is down, they're also available at the SWSC Facepage site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Terry, what actually is the page name? SWSC didn't yield the right account. While I have had an F* for years I hate using it. I read Bloom County 2015 daily without logging in.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
*groundhog'sdaybump*
*groundhog'sdaybump*
*groundhog'sdaybump*
*groundhog'sdaybump*

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like the weather gods might be smiling on us again. Partly cloudy & 79 for next weekend. Top down twisties for the crew. That is all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts