Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
OK, we have dinner reservations at the Cowboy Steakhouse, 416 Main, for Friday night at 5:30. They got good steaks, little birdies and Key Lime Pie. PIE. It ain't Hula Hut Key Lime Pie, but it's close. I need to know who's in so I can get them some numbers in a couple of weeks. So, lemme know. Oh, and by the way, we're a month out from twisties.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
3 weeks until Kerrville. If you are coming to dinner Friday night & haven't let me know, ya' need to do so. I have to give Cowboy's the numbers at the end o' next week.
The Mismanagement

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just moved to texas in november, and i just found this.. im in if i can finish swapping in my new clutch and get it broken in well enough by then. ill drive with the fast cars!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
OK, we're about 10 days out from the 1st twisties o' the year. A reminder for everybody to make sure your fluids (oil, coolant) are topped off, tire pressures are good, your radios work, you have a full tank of gas to start the run & that your tank is empty. See y'all there.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Radios

I bought a pair of radios as recommended but will asking someone to help me set them up. See you at dinner Friday.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Kerrville is next week. Just a reminder, dinner Friday is at Cowboy Steakhouse at 5:30 & dinner Saturday is at the YO Guadalupe Room at 6:00. Be there or be somewhere else not nearly as cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2weeks into newbie GXP ownership and 1 week on the forum. Just googled at lunch solstice groups in Texas n it brought me right back to this forum!! Anyway thanks for the join to the forum , and as usual lots of informative discussion here.
We are about 50 miles east of San Antonio from the little town of Luling . Was thinking about driving up n stretching the old legs on our new ride. It will b our first excursion in it.The roads you have planned r some of the best twisties in Texas. we have ridden many times on our Harley's.
Is this possible or are u a closed group?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
"...As with all things SWSC, this is an open cruise. We don't care what you show up in, just show up..."

It's very possible, hope you can make it. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Broken? I hope not.
i am sitting in the Buick dealer about a mile north of the hotel waiting for a diagnosis of an engine warning light. Code is for an intake cam actuator. I hope i can drive tomorrow and get home on Sunday.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,200 Posts
Broken? I hope not.
i am sitting in the Buick dealer about a mile north of the hotel waiting for a diagnosis of an engine warning light. Code is for an intake cam actuator. I hope i can drive tomorrow and get home on Sunday.
It's a relatively inexpensive part and an easy install, and you should be good to go (assuming they have or can get the part quickly).

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Silver Solly is fixed and the driver is here.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Great dealership in Kerrville TX

For the second time in two days Cecil Atkission Motors has saved my bacon. Yesterday it was a intake solenoid valve replaced in the last 2 hours of their business day. Today it was a tail light. I arrived at 4:00 as they were closing but they took me in and replaced the lamp for no charge. This is no little deal on a coupe since it involves removing a wheel and fender liner. Kudos to Cecil's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kerville17

Well just got back to the cottage in Fredricksburg , fun day on the twisties. Got to meet some really nice peeps from SWSC. Thanks for the invite.
Only met up with the fast group, didn't have time to stay n meet with the Tour group, but may b next time.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts