Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
kevbo1121 said:
dealer has no vin # but has an event date of 5 20 05; what is this? :willy:

White huh. This should put your car number 990 of 1000. Don't expect to see it until October at your dealer.

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
I wouldn't be too sure about white being so far down on the totem pole (so to speak). Ours is Deep and according to our salesman, as of yesterday, nothing has happened with ours. We are still only at a code of 3100.

So, there is still hope you'll get yours before us. If that's the case and you see someone in a blue Jeep or a white Envoy trying to flag you down, that'd be us.

MES

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Looks like a date to me, not an event code.

·
5,641 Posts
kevbo1121 said:
dealer has no vin # but has an event date of 5 20 05; what is this? :willy:

The event date is not as important of the event that happend on that date. The 1000 First 1000 Exlusive Retail Order Solstices were preferenced (event code #2500) or "picked up" around the 23-24th of May. Then most have them have now moved though codes #3000, #3100, and onto #3400. It is not a good sign if you were expecting one of those orders and nothing has happened to yours since 5-20-05. Might need to check with your dealer again to make sure they said what your thought you heard, and what you heard is what they thought they said.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What do You Think????????

What does everone think about the colors and when they will be produced?

Do you really think they will build ALL the EOP black,blue,green first???

I wouldn't think so, I think this is the 1st batch only and that is a subset
of the EOP black,green,blue cars.

What does everyone else think?

Chime In!!!!!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you don't think so, open your eyes and check out the cars coming into the poll. White (Pure) should be the lowest color ordered by the first 1000 buyers, so except to see it roll out of Delware last.

·
Registered
305 Posts
TerpFan said:
If you don't think so, open your eyes and check out the cars coming into the poll. White (Pure) should be the lowest color ordered by the first 1000 buyers, so except to see it roll out of Delware last.
Just remember GMLineDog has told us that any color can be produced at any time. The production line is not limited to 1,2 or 3 colors. Cars are being produced in color batches to deliver the best results (at least that's the thought), normal production doesn't work like that, they don't wait until
they have X number of a certain color to produce them. This is clearly a special case for the moment.

Clearly GM wants a broad spectrum of colors out there. I am sure you would agree.

So why would they wait till 900 out of 1000 cars are produced to make
any one of the colors?

Yes, right now black,blue,green are being done, but that could change at the drop of a hat. Clearly other colors have hit code 3400 while black,green,blue
orders still sit at code 3100 (found this in another post).

So don't count on knowing anything, WE DON'T REALLY, WE ARE ONLY GUESSING!!!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Bought_It said:
What does everone think about the colors and when they will be produced?

Do you really think they will build ALL the EOP black,blue,green first???

I wouldn't think so, I think this is the 1st batch only and that is a subset
of the EOP black,green,blue cars.

What does everyone else think?

Chime In!!!!!!!
:agree:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts