Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,188 Posts
Ive heard somewhere if you change the battery on the sol remote it will need reprograming...this cant be true. is it? never heard of that.my thinken is a lock smith found a new way to make more $$ for changing batterys.
That is not true.

It may derive from a problem that some 2008s had in which, if you disconnected the car's battery, you would have to re-learn all of the remotes. This was due to a software bug that was fixable by downloading new software to the RCDLR (Remote Control Door Lock Receiver).

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Deleted my message...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just an FYI,
I bought one of the Key Fob programmers and a few generic Key Fob's from Amazon. The programmer was $52.00 The Fob's were $8 or so.
It worked perfectly the first time on both of my Solstices. Just plug it in and hit both the lock and unlock on each Fob. The dealer wants to charge something like $50.00 per FOB and $50 to program each car.
It's rare that these things work so well for me so I am excited.
The Ace tech used a programer to plug into my computer login to first determine if their key would work & after making the spare key again checked to see if it worked - it did $40! 😎

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Ive heard somewhere if you change the battery on the sol remote it will need reprograming...this cant be true. is it? never heard of that.my thinken is a lock smith found a new way to make more $$ for changing batterys.
I have never heard this. I know I've taken the battery out (at least) and replaced it, when shifting the innards of my remote to a new flip-key shell. No issues.

·
Registered
38 Posts
just replaced my ~6 year old battery this week because COVID-19 killed it after a month. battery would no longer hold a charge. remotes still work even with my clock reset. but I have a tech2 just in case.

looking into a solar powered battery tender...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts