Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice Base
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Key Fob replacement for my 2008 Solstice, and figured it best to ask the experts first. Is it a bad idea to buy one off of Amazon, and get it programmed at a dealer? I've heard that is not the most reliable, but I'm unsure as to where else I can buy one. What do you all recommend?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,752 Posts
The ones you find on Amazon seem to be as good as any others.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I picked up two from eBay with a programmer. They worked fine.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
I'm looking for a Key Fob replacement for my 2008 Solstice,
Why do you want a replacement? Are you having problems with it, or cosmetic damage? Either are probably fixable using the original PCB and thus not requiring re-programming.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pontiac Solstice, 2.4L base model.
79 Posts
Here is the one I did last year for our 2006 2.4L. CLICK HERE and it worked great The OBD dongle gives you 3 tries to program the FOB and it programmed up right away on the first try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do you want a replacement? Are you having problems with it, or cosmetic damage? Either are probably fixable using the original PCB and thus not requiring re-programming.
Actually, I purchased the car about a week ago, and there was no key fob with it. I'm looking to get one for my vehicle, not replace a current one.

·
Super Moderator
7,752 Posts
Actually, I purchased the car about a week ago, and there was no key fob with it. I'm looking to get one for my vehicle, not replace a current one.
Have you confirmed that you have RKE (Remote Keyless Entry)? If you do there will be an AU0 in the RPO code list on the inside of the door of your glovebox.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you confirmed that you have RKE (Remote Keyless Entry)? If you do there will be an AU0 in the RPO code list on the inside of the door of your glovebox.
I do in fact have an AU0 on the code list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2007 Solstice did not come with the keyless remote transmitters. I soon found out why. Only the dealer can program the remotes to your vehicle. The dealer wanted $100 to program 1 remote plus a very expensive remote purchase. He told me that I would have to pay for programming if I provided the remote and it did not accept programming. I went on eBay and bought an ODB programmer with 1 remote transmitter for about $50. I had previously bought 2 remotes off of Amazon. All three remotes programmed flawlessly using instructions provided with the programmer. Then I put an ad on eBay and sold the programmer quickly for $40.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I purchased a fob and key set from remotesremotes and had the fob programmed and the key cut by a mobile locksmith who came to my house. The fob and key and the locksmith total cost about half that of the dealer parts and service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts