Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while my dad had the car, the key fob he used quit working; I had the spare set so handed them over and fob issues were isolated to the one he had been using. Now that the car is at my house full time, I thought I should make them (fobs) both work.

Lo, and Behold! there is a thread in the "how to" section covering this exact problem and fix! Followed the instructions and now both fobs are back in working order! The connection for the battery was actually pulled completely out of the solder eyelet, re-soldered and success!

Thanks to all who contributed knowledge, and pics to the "how to" and "mods" threads! Vast amounts of help/ideas in there! Thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Thanks goodness someone can search for an issue first before just asking questions! THANK you LowCountry, you've restored my faith in intelligent forum members.

...And well done on the fix!

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Thanks goodness someone can search for an issue first before just asking questions! THANK you LowCountry, you've restored my faith in intelligent forum members.

...And well done on the fix!
Can I get a link to this thread?

;) :willy:

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Just a reminder, the forum internal search function is not a great tool. Its much more productive to use the search engine of your choice. I use "subject" solstice forum and always come up with what I am looking for within a couple of minutes.

And I add my kudos to Soup's. Good job! And thanks for sharing that info because it already helped another member.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
Just a reminder, the forum internal search function is not a great tool. Its much more productive to use the search engine of your choice. I use "subject" solstice forum and always come up with what I am looking for within a couple of minutes.

And I add my kudos to Soup's. Good job! And thanks for sharing that info because it already helped another member.
You can also use Google Search within the forum from the search item above on the menu bar between "New Posts" and "Quick Links". That's my primary search tool.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts