Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a favorite Solstice keychain out there? I still have the dealer lot tag on my key. Flashy red tag with handwritten car description, etc. A real fashion statement.

A listing of options on e-bay:

Pontiac Solstice Key Chain in Key Chains | eBay

I'm leaning toward the steering wheel or maybe the black leather tag with the logo medallion on it. Anybody have these? Any problems with them (like too big, scratching, etc.?) Any other sweetashell options out there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The steering wheel one is too big and clunky, expecially in the summer when you have to carry car keys in your pants pocket.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The steering wheel one is too big and clunky, expecially in the summer when you have to carry car keys in your pants pocket.
Thanks nj - that's exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. How big around are those suckers? Rob?

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I had two that looked like the 1st 1000 version. One was the actual First 1000 key chain and the other was a gift off of eBay but was etched with "Solstice" instead of "First 1000". They both fell apart over time and the etching wore off.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'm happy with my Tapout. I can claw open a beer in a matter of seconds.:jester:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why I buy cans Charlie, got tired of breaking teeth gnawing off the caps.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I saw some of those steering wheel key chain things a while back and thought they were really cool. Just may have to get me one.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, FINE Rob. I ask about keychains and you pimp me out by sending yours to TX?

:lol:

I'm going to review with the wife tonight anyway and see if she wants one like that, a different style, or none at all. She may not care because she typically only uses the Solstice key. I have remote fobs for both the pickup and the Sol so my desire is to differentiate the two.

Oh, and TX? Apparently Rob likes you best. :bow::bow:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have remote fobs for both the pickup and the Sol so my desire is to differentiate the two.
I had a similar situation with spare keys in a drawer. I don't usually carry the remote for my pickup. Just too bulky. When I drive the Solstice, I grab a set out of the key drawer. But which one? There's a couple sets of Pontiac keys, one spare set of Chevrolet keys and a set of Ford keys in the mix. So with more time than sense, I set out to find yellow keys and yellow key fob covers for the Solstice keys, red keys and fob covers for the S10 keys and white keys and covers for the Explorer. Can't find white, so being the wife's car, pink for the Explorer. Had them cut at the hardware store (for free since they weren't selling me anything!) and programmed them according to the manuals.

Now, it's easy to grab the keys for the "yellow car".

I did buy one of the pink "replacement fobs" on ebay for the Explorer because the silicone covers do add bulk to the remotes. It works only if you're within a few feet of the vehicle. Good for a spare, but not if you want to unlock the car as you approach it in a parking lot. My wife carries what appears to be about 2,700 keys, so a little bit of rubber on her remote is no big deal.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol. Zonk - do you have a key "graveyard" like I do? It's a little section in an organizer tray that has about 50 keys that I knew we used at one time, don't use any more, and not entirely sure what the hell they go to anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That's awesome Rob. at first I was like nah, I doubt I'll use it but that tapout one I have is bulky and pointy and I never put my keys in my pocket because if it and I'm always leaving them on the counter at the smart stop:blush:. So, heck yeah, I'll take one.

Chicken ( ha, to me that's a SX rider from the 80's ) I was going to say you can have it but since he has two, no sence in turning down the offer.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Keyport.. No key chain needed.. LiquidPT still has the fob attached but its a clean set up.. House keys, Solstice keys, his Jeep key all in that box....

Me I'm a mess, I have a huge 8g rubber shotgun shell from the video game Halo3, for my Jeep and a skeleton key from the LA County coroner gift shop(yes they had a gift shop) for my PT Cruiser. But I'm a bit scattered so I need the noise they make or I will misplace them..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts