Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a really stupid question, but I just bought my Solstice in January of 2014. The seller of the car gave me the keys without a fob. All this time I had figured that I didn't have power locks. However, I took my car to the local GM dealer today to order the parts for the ignition recall. Out of curiosity, I asked them to run the VIN and was surprised when the guy was reading through my list of features and mentioned a key fob. When I pushed him for more information about having the fob and if I had power locks, he informed me that the car is showing keyless entry but he couldn't give me a solid yes or no if my car had functional keyless entry. I then went home and pondered a manual for the 2008 Solstice that I found on the GM website. Anyway, I found out that i could access a secondary menu by hitting the two buttons on the steering wheel. In the settings of the menu, the features of auto unlock and delay lock are shown. However, my locks have never automatically looked or moved whatsoever. I use the key to unlock the door and push down to lock them back. Does my findings mean I have keyless entry and power locks but they aren't functioning? Can someone tell how I can tell if I can the keyless entry feature? Why aren't the auto unlock and delay lock features functioning?

My car is a 2008 manual Solstice
My VIN is: 1G2MB35B08Y125119

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
This may be a really stupid question, but I just bought my Solstice in January of 2014. The seller of the car gave me the keys without a fob. All this time I had figured that I didn't have power locks. However, I took my car to the local GM dealer today to order the parts for the ignition recall. Out of curiosity, I asked them to run the VIN and was surprised when the guy was reading through my list of features and mentioned a key fob. When I pushed him for more information about having the fob and if I had power locks, he informed me that the car is showing keyless entry but he couldn't give me a solid yes or no if my car had functional keyless entry. I then went home and pondered a manual for the 2008 Solstice that I found on the GM website. Anyway, I found out that i could access a secondary menu by hitting the two buttons on the steering wheel. In the settings of the menu, the features of auto unlock and delay lock are shown. However, my locks have never automatically looked or moved whatsoever. I use the key to unlock the door and push down to lock them back. Does my findings mean I have keyless entry and power locks but they aren't functioning? Can someone tell how I can tell if I can the keyless entry feature? Why aren't the auto unlock and delay lock features functioning?

My car is a 2008 manual Solstice
My VIN is: 1G2MB35B08Y125119
I just looked up your options from your VIN number, and I don't see any of the items that would indicate that you have Remote Keyless Entry which is RPO AU0

Check the label in the glove box for the code AU0.

You might also check for PCM (Preferred Package) which consisted of:
A31 Power Windows
AU3 Power Door Locks
AU0 Remote Keyless Entry
D48 Outside Power Mirrors

I didn't see any of these on your VIN listing.

:dunno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found and was able to purchase a 2006 Solstice in May 2014 with only 27,354 miles on it. I know, amazing to say the least. Black fabric top was in excellent condition, and body and interior looks straight from the show room floor! It is the "basic" model. No A/C, no power windows, no power door locks, no fancy buttons on the steering wheel, no remote entry or remote trunk fob...just the two keys that came with the car. Original radio removed, but a nice Kenwood stereo added. I checked the glove box for codes, and now would like to find out what all the codes mean. Can you help?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
I found and was able to purchase a 2006 Solstice in May 2014 with only 27,354 miles on it. I know, amazing to say the least. Black fabric top was in excellent condition, and body and interior looks straight from the show room floor! It is the "basic" model. No A/C, no power windows, no power door locks, no fancy buttons on the steering wheel, no remote entry or remote trunk fob...just the two keys that came with the car. Original radio removed, but a nice Kenwood stereo added. I checked the glove box for codes, and now would like to find out what all the codes mean. Can you help?
This has a lot of the RPO descriptions. I think this list was compiled by Sly Bob.

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
So looks like if you are not a paid member you cannot attach a file to post here..
To bad, I have a complete list of the GM RPO codes I could of shared, in fact I have about 5 lists...:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great, thanks Dave for the code list. And thanks Sly Bob also! Yeah, I would like to pay for the membership, but I don't use Pay Pal. Is there another way to join and pay the $15.00 a year?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts