Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all -

I was planning to order a set of the Koni sports to upgrade my suspension, but I have read in a couple of places that it will cause my ride height to lower about .5in. My car is lowered on Kappasphere springs now - chopping another .5in off there will really put it in the weeds (see pic).

The car currently has 50k on it, and the stock shocks just don't seem to do a good job damping. They don't react fast enough - a bump in the middle of a corner will really let the back end float out. My wife's Corolla does a better job - lol! You can bounce the car when sitting and it doesn't cycle, but seems like in practice what's in there just isn't cutting it. Could also be these springs are too soft? I'm not sure. Advice and experience appreciated. Based on current cost I will either replace with stock if that would fix the problem or update to Konis (I don't want to buy coilovers).

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
I went with BC coilovers because it allows me to adjust the height relatively easily. I actually went too low initially and the car hit the ground way too often.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
A fully adjustable shock like the BC allows you to set wherever you want and void screwing around with shims, collars springs etc.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
My current set up is Eibach springs and Koni Sport Shocks (the yellow adjustable) when I replaced the stock shocks with the Koni's I did not notice any appreciable drop in ride height and for me it's a great set up what springs are you using ? If you click on my avatar you can get an idea of the way the car sits .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the Kappasphere springs (supposedly the same as Eibach Pro-kit, from what I've read). I'm fine with how it sits now, but another half inch would be bad, up front especially. Thanks for sharing your experience - perhaps I'll just install them and see what happens. I've got the stock springs in case I hate it...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have been planing on getting the Koni shocks also, and from what I remembered reading they only lower the car 1/4" not 1/2". But I have no hands on experience with them so results may vary.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Apologize for the additional questions but I am looking to install kappasphere springs at the end of the month along with aftermarket 18's. Was wondering if your wheels are 18s and also what tire specs you went with for the front and rears. I keep going back and forth about what options will work best and your selection turned out well!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure - the wheels are 19 x 8.5, et35. Tires are 245/40/19. I would have liked to have a staggered setup, but picked these up used for a good price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts