Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking, with all the bashing of GM for doing the whole 1st 1000 promotion and all the other complaints, I wanted to take a minute and say I think it was a cool idea and the package they sent out to all the 1st 1000 was really nice. (Especially since it appears that they are definitely monitoring the forum)

I think it's interesting that a new, unproven, low production car is getting so much resources inside GM. We ordered a C5 in 1996 trying to be one of the first and there was no communication at all...no fanfare, no letters, no promos...nothing. Now this is dealing with a legend like the Corvette which has lots of history and heritage inside GM and a case where a redesign is a major deal (heck the C4 lasted 13 years!).

But yet with the Solstice, GM really seems to be pulling out all the stops to make sure this car is a winner and I'm happy to see that they understand just how important an image car like this is.

Actually, right now about the only complaint I have is that, for once, the information I get on this forum was a bad thing. I think it would have been really exciting to receive the FedEx box out of the blue without expecting it and to be really surprised at the contents. Instead, I was wondering everyday where my box was and then when I got it, it was no big deal because I knew what was inside before I even opened it.

I think I'm going to have to change my policy of reading every single post on the forum. If I see anything in the future that looks like it is another first 1000 package, I am going to skip it and just be surprised. After all, the marketing people at GM are going to good lengths to make this special for us and I don't want to ruin their hard work! ;) JMHO of course!

·
Registered
251 Posts
C5Vette said:
I was thinking, with all the bashing of GM for doing the whole 1st 1000 promotion and all the other complaints, I wanted to take a minute and say I think it was a cool idea and the package they sent out to all the 1st 1000 was really nice. (Especially since it appears that they are definitely monitoring the forum)

I think it's interesting that a new, unproven, low production car is getting so much resources inside GM. We ordered a C5 in 1996 trying to be one of the first and there was no communication at all...no fanfare, no letters, no promos...nothing. Now this is dealing with a legend like the Corvette which has lots of history and heritage inside GM and a case where a redesign is a major deal (heck the C4 lasted 13 years!).

But yet with the Solstice, GM really seems to be pulling out all the stops to make sure this car is a winner and I'm happy to see that they understand just how important an image car like this is.

Actually, right now about the only complaint I have is that, for once, the information I get on this forum was a bad thing. I think it would have been really exciting to receive the FedEx box out of the blue without expecting it and to be really surprised at the contents. Instead, I was wondering everyday where my box was and then when I got it, it was no big deal because I knew what was inside before I even opened it.

I think I'm going to have to change my policy of reading every single post on the forum. If I see anything in the future that looks like it is another first 1000 package, I am going to skip it and just be surprised. After all, the marketing people at GM are going to good lengths to make this special for us and I don't want to ruin their hard work! ;) JMHO of course!

Dear C5Vette:

Thank you for those kind words, we here at GM pride ourselves at providing not only state of the art, high quality vehicles, but top of the line customer service as well. However, we regret to inform you, your kind words will not get you your new Solstice any faster!!

Oh, and if you were to see a post in the Solstice Forum about another gift package, and refrain from viewing it, would you really be more surprised when it arrived??

Who says we don't have a sense of humor??

Best Regards;

Bob Lutz
Lori Queen
and Vicki!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG...I got a response from Bob and Vicki...I can't believe it! :willy:

Funny post, Sol. :) And of course I might not be any more suprised to see a package after seeing a post heading, but at least I might not know what the package contained and therefore would be greatly anticipating it's arrival to see what's inside. It's kind of like Christmas time when someone lets you pick out your own present because they don't know what to get you...you know Christmas is coming but it's a lot more fun when you don't know what's in that package under the tree.

·
Registered
251 Posts
C5Vette said:
OMG...I got a response from Bob and Vicki...I can't believe it! :willy:

You forgot Lori... she's over here crying her eyes out!! :cryin:

That's gonna cost ya!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Package was professionally done. Nice Solstice logo on the box, Solstice letterhead addressed to the future owner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts