Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds crazy this far in advance - but how many would be interested in cruising the Blue Ridge over the Labor Day Weekend? Start at the Shenendoah and finish at the Tail of the Dragon on the TN/NC border - somewhere around 469 miles in three days. I have driven the Tail of the Dragon before and want to take my wife. Of course, GM is telling us 180 days to produce the First 1000 - but should they come out earlier...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah Buddy

As a close by neighbor I would be there in a heartbeat! I can't wait... picture this... top down 70-75 degrees, cruzin down the Parkway in a SLICK car! Almost makes me drool! :lol: My husband and I are in Fredericksburg and wouldn't miss the trip!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
xfire305 said:
Sounds crazy this far in advance - but how many would be interested in cruising the Blue Ridge over the Labor Day Weekend? Start at the Shenendoah and finish at the Tail of the Dragon on the TN/NC border - somewhere around 469 miles in three days. I have driven the Tail of the Dragon before and want to take my wife. Of course, GM is telling us 180 days to produce the First 1000 - but should they come out earlier...
Where is this place you are talking about?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From www.tailofthedragon.com ---- The Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America ’s number one motorcycle and sports car road. The nearby Cherohala Skyway is quickly becoming number two with its remote 60 miles of scenic mountain highway. The area also has other roads less traveled, but just as exciting.

I drove it in my Fiero Formula last September - wow!!! - the brakes were smoking afterwards - my car has upgraded ceramic pads with cross-drilled rotors and steel braided brake lines.

Many car clubs make an annual trip - Mini, Miata, MR2, NSX, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
xfire305,
The only crazy thing is that we are still waiting for enough cars to be delivered to have a cruise. It really is disappointing.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
xfire305,
The only crazy thing is that we are still waiting for enough cars to be delivered to have a cruise. It really is disappointing.
No the crazy part is we are still here and still sane (I think.) :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I'm still here, but I don't know about the sane part! My wife tells me my lack of sanity has nothing to do with my Sosltice. Who can argue with a wife! :lol:

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife and I would certainly be in. As a matter of fact the Corvette community is always talking about cruising the Tail of the Dragon. We may have to bring the Solstice and the Z06! :yesnod:

So is is Labor Day of '06 then?? :cool:

Cheers, TJ

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I drove past my dealer's lot on my way to the office this morning. No Solstice. I guess Labor Day 2005 is out for me. 2006 sounds good. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
safe gas for nation

I know people like to drive their new cars, but with the fuel crisis at this time due to Katrina. I would like to discourage people to joint the cruise.
Safe it for few months later.
Sorry to post this.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I think with the Solstices not being delivered yet, everyone is talking about a crusie next year, not this year. Hopefully, gas prices will have stabilized by then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That sounds like a great trip.....too bad I don't have a Sols. :(

I have gone on many cruises with my Avalanche with an Internet Avalanche club (CAFCNA). Since the gas prices have gone up so much, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I do know, I want a Sols, but waiting for the 07 Turbo.

Let's plan for many cruises in the future. The best thing about cruises, is you get to meet great people! CRUISE, CRUISE, CRUISE!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Dragons and Lizards.....Where's my Solstice?

xfire305 said:
Well, 5 months later, I'd be willing to cruise the "Tail of a Lizard" if I had my Solstice! :glol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Look on the bright side. We could be trying to order one now. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts