Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good news
My company is moving to Costa Rica.And me and 250 Co workers are History.
Im still getting my Solstice, My hope is we last till June of 06.Will take the whole summer off and drive my Solstice around the U.S.A.
Then look for work in Sept 06.
Thay say thay can make the Product for 2,00 And hour.
Good luck

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Good news
Im still getting my Solstice, My hope is we last till June of 06.Will take the whole summer off and drive my Solstice around the U.S.A.
Thay can take my job and stick it were the sun don't shine.
Good luck
Sorry to hear about the bad news on your job, :( but am glad to hear that you can still keep your Sol! :cool: Best of luck!! :grouphug:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fformula88 said:
Sorry to hear about the bad news on your job, :( but am glad to hear that you can still keep your Sol! :cool: Best of luck!! :grouphug:
I would sleep in it if I had to.
But have the means & way To still injoy life .
There would be no life without my SOLSTICE.

·
Registered
227 Posts
AJ...enjoy your time off. Same thing happened to me in 2002. I took 6 months of serverance...drove across country in my Sebring convertible (DC to CA)...took my truck from San Diego to Lincoln OR (truck camping in Yosemite, Crater Lake and then driving down the OR and CA coastlines). I also spent a month in Europe. When I started looking for a job I was lucky to receive offers 10% higher in pay then I was making before. Sometimes things have a way of working out in your best interest overall. Anway....use that time to enjoy your life with friends and family and take plenty of roadtrips in your Solstice.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sorry to hear that you will lose your job:(
I used to work at Pirelli building tires. They shut down and 650+ people were out looking for a new job. Man that sucked, all the people hitting the job market all at the same time:(
One more thing we had to deal with was the aria black listed us because they did not want our screwed up union to put them under too. They figured the union people would spread (unionize) like cancer.

It worked out for me, and I am sure it will work for you too.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Good news
Good luck
It's always good when you get laid off and you think its "Good News". ;)
Enjoy your time off!

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
What's the product? I'll boycott it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
solli4me said:
What's the product? I'll boycott it.
Solstice accessories. :lol: :cool:

·
5,600 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Good news
Good luck
Wow, you have a great attitude. It sounds like your company is the loser if your work attitude is anything like your positive outlook on life. Enjoy your dream road-trip. You only live once.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Good news
Good luck
Sorry about your lay off but now you have more time to enjoy your solstice.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well its happened
Layoff begins DEC 8 .Well i made it for over a year Since I was told of Plant Closing,I am 1 of 10 people left out of 270 who have gotten laid off.
So I guess the time has come to Start a new life.
We don"t get to many chances to start over.So I am looking at this as
a good thing. Will take some time off ,And take my Sole South And then head out to Encinitas Calf. I lived out there for 4 years,Will see how much it has changed in the last 17 Years.Will keep up with the News on the Forum
on my trip.
Good Luck to all
And Merry Christmas
A.J. 1071 COOL:cool:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Well, I'm glad to see you are taking the news well, and that you have a positive plan for what you want to do next!

Good luck with your travels, and in finding a new job, new path, etc.:thumbs:

Merry Christmas and be sure to keep us all updated on your progress - both in your travels and with your life path!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Merry Christmas to you and best of luck. I'm a true believer that things happen for a reason. 3 years ago the company I worked for went under and I lost my Dad all within 2 months. But I was off work for almost a month and was able to care for my Dad before he passed. Then a friend approached me about my current job and it's been wonderful for 3 years. Yet again, we have been sold to a company called W.O.W. (Internet/Cable). Sale is final November 30th. Rumor has it most of us are gone but nothing official yet. It sucks, but life goes on, wonder what my next adventure will be???

·
Registered
800 Posts
That sucks. Hope you land somewhere better.

I've actually been involved in sometimes a direct and sometimes a peripheral role in cutting man count at my company. The method we have isn't too bad as we have done most all based strictly on attrition. I've simply consolidated the work and restructured accordingly. But still, there are a lot of bad feelings associated.

I joke around now with my boss sometimes that we need to start checking our car for bombs every night. As we are looking like we need to cut quite a few more positions due to demands from our parent companies.

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
When one door closes, another door opens.

Good luck to you. Hope everything works out for the best.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts