Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm in for the proximity and turn signal mods.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I am 100% interested and need 4.

have you picked a place to do you photo build? i have an account and one of those multi project board houses if you want to use it.

Also, if it is a combo blinker/proximity board, that would be my preference. I have always wanted to add that but never got around to it.

Thanks for continuing your wizardry. now please have the dash show the external temp. :)

Jeff

·
Registered
715 Posts
Looks interesting. Can't wait for the finished product. I've yet to install the alarm mod. It complete and still in the garage but just need the time to do it. I look to do it when I finish saving up for my second skin products. I used them because they are local.

I still want your boost gauge though.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
OK, an update...

I had my prototype installed for a couple of weeks, but only been able to test drive it a couple of times since the snow's melted. The good news is it seems to work perfectly - though I'd really want to test it at least a few of weeks more, before I let it out into the wild.

HOWEVER, I am beginning to have second thoughts about putting a kit together - mostly around liability concerns. I cannot be liable for any damage this could possibly do (not that I think it will, else I wouldn't put it on my car). Neither do I want any come-backs from people who might mis-build, or mis-install it. Also, I'm reluctant to have to make two different setups for with/without the proximity alarm enable relays. If I were to do this, I'd really want everyone to choose one way or the other.

Anyway, I did do some cost estimates for the kit of parts, including an etched (but NOT drilled) PCB and pre-programmed micro controller chip. These are the parts at cost, with a minimal amount to cover my time etching/programming the PCB/chip (less than minimum wage :)). As Rob said about his plastic tabs, I am "not looking to make any money on these but more of a service to the community."

For the Lane Change only kit:
Parts cost: $12
PCB Etching + Programming cost: $10
Shipping: $6 (contiguous US)

Thus a total of $28

For the Lane Change AND Proximity Alarm Enable kit (bigger PCB, more parts):
Parts cost: $18
PCB Etching + Programming cost: $13
Shipping: $6 (contiguous US)

Thus totaling: $37

I really don't want to have to drill the holes in the boards either. All you need to do this is a 1/32" (or so) drill bit and a Dremel. If it's a limited quantity, I could do this for a few boards, though. I'd estimate $10 for the basic kit or $13 for the setup with Proximity.

So is this worth considering? Are you prepared to sign a waiver before purchase? Let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
I would be interested in the board that also includes the proximity alarm. Would that kit include everything I would need for the proximity alarm feature to work or would I have to buy any other parts on my own?

·
Registered
21 Posts
". . . the Lane Change AND Proximity Alarm Enable kit (bigger PCB, more parts):"

I'm all in for this Soup! And I'll sigh whatever you want. The Proximity Alarm you designed and that I installed has worked flawlessly and I'm sure your "Lane Change AND Proximity Alarm Enabled kit will do so as well!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm in for the proximity and lane change. I'm also in for paying even more for a completely assembled setup if you decide to offer it. I'm in no rush and would send a deposit or something if needed.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I would be interested in the board that also includes the proximity alarm. Would that kit include everything I would need for the proximity alarm feature to work or would I have to buy any other parts on my own?
Per: Success! Installed my Interior Motion Detector (with info...), this would just include the 'enable' circuitry to turn the Alarm on when you leave the car. You'll also need to buy and install the Directed Electronics 508D radar motion detector module (a la: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Directed-Install-essentials-Motion-Sensor/dp/B0009VFOME[/ame])

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Per: Success! Installed my Interior Motion Detector (with info...), this would just include the 'enable' circuitry to turn the Alarm on when you leave the car. You'll also need to buy and install the Directed Electronics 508D radar motion detector module (a la: Amazon.com : Directed Install essentials Dual Zone Motion Sensor 508d : Automotive Electronic Security Products : Car Electronics)
Okay that's all I thought I would need I just wanted to double check before I committed. This looks like a great mod. I'm in if you decide to make the combined unit.

I've done two of your other mods and they both work great. Thanks for thinking of and posting this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
350 Posts
any progress on this? kits?

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
21 - 35 of 35 Posts