Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a blast driving the Daytona Speedway track, rain and all. Here is a video of one complete lap from the second (wet) group. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Great vidieo. I couldn't have said it better:) I was such a great day despite the rain. No one would believe we not only drove Daytona we drove it in the rain. Thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
It was great meeting you guys! Got a (performance) question for you: at 0:35, you mentioned you were "sliding" at the finish line. Do you mind sharing the tires you have? It sounds like you have a GXP, so are those the F-1's?

I have the base, and every time I went up on that bank, I thanked my lucky stars I no longer had the RS-A's. My Firehawk Wide Oval 500's were very reliable, even in the chicayne. Of course, I didn't push it. Kind of hard to do when trailing a Mountaineer. WHO BRINGS A MOUNTAINEER TO DRIVE THE DAYTONA SPEEDWAY?????

Verdi,
We spoke a little too long after drying off. I had hoped to get better video of going through the tunnels. I almost got back in, but the bilge pump had failed, and the tunnel was starting to fill up from the run-off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We enjoyed meeting you also. The tires I just bought are Falken ZIEX - ZE912. I think that I was not sliding but was just counter steering on that 18 degree turn. I wasn't used to that kind of incline going so slow. I think if we were going faster then the counter steering would not happen because when we went through the little twisty I pushed pretty hard in that water that was accumulating and had no problem with sliding. I think it was imagination.

These tires seem to handle much better than the the F1's. I really like these tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts