Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the other Coupe owners, Rik, #000120, has sent me a couple pics from the engine bay of Coupe #1152.
It's near Brownsville, TX.
Here's the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
One of the other Coupe owners, Rik, #000120, has sent me a couple pics from the engine bay of Coupe #1152.
It's near Brownsville, TX.
Here's the pics!

That would be the last sequential vin coupe, not the last actual coupe built.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You are correct this was not the last Coupe made but it did have the highest sequential VIN #1152. When I saw signed by the roof man and stan the fascia I open my hood to see I mine as signed by anyone on the line. NO signature. Enjoy the pictures

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that the Pre-production 2010 Coupes were actually built earlier in the year, around the March-May timeframe. So this #1152 may very well be the LAST Coupe!
Does anyone have any info regarding the build/release dates for the 2010 versions?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
according to the build dates listed in the coupe database (Which are really the "in Service" dates, not the actual build dates.) The 2010s were built between end of the non-sequential builds and the start of the sequential builds.

It is a very good possibility that 9Y001152 was the last coupe to physically roll down the production line. I suspect that if the hood and trunk liners were removed you would find additional messages and signatures from the workers that assembled that car. There were a couple of convertibles that went down the line after the last coupe, and the last convertible had similar messages and signatures.

GM had threatened to terminate anyone of the workers that "defaced" the production cars that way, but since they were closing the plant after the last car was built, it was pretty much an empty threat.

If I remember correctly, the last day of production was July 29, 2009.

There is a long thread dealing with the last day of production, I'll post it after I find it.

·
Registered
848 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
OK, it has the highest VIN# of the 2010 Coupes.

Was it the last coupe made? No, there were at least 1000 2009 coupes that went down the line after it was made.

Was it the last 2010 coupe made? No, there were a couple others that have later build dates and/or "in service" dates.

Shadofax, please download the list of coupes that I posted earlier in this thread and either print it out or keep it handy for reference. Thanks.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
686 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
OK, it has the highest VIN# of the 2010 Coupes.

Was it the last coupe made? No, there were at least 1000 2009 coupes that went down the line after it was made.

Was it the last 2010 coupe made? No, there were a couple others that have later build dates and/or "in service" dates.

Shadofax, please download the list of coupes that I posted earlier in this thread and either print it out or keep it handy for reference. Thanks.

:dunno:
Edited. It is the last one on your coupe list, and yes, I have the list, thanks.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Edited. It is the last one on your coupe list, and yes, I have the list, thanks.
OK, I'll get off your case. Thanks for responding. Sometimes it gets a bit difficult to go through all of this again. I really wanted a coupe, I went and looked at them for others who were searching nationwide for the right one, but I just couldn't pull the trigger, especially since I had a first 1000 that was still in prime condition (it still is, but is getting to be elderly at more than 7 years old).

It is encouraging that there seems to be a resurgence of members on this forum, now that these wonderful cars have come down in price and are now being enjoyed by a completely new group of owners.

Thanks for participating here! :dthumbs:

·
Registered
848 Posts
OK, I'll get off your case. Thanks for responding. Sometimes it gets a bit difficult to go through all of this again. I really wanted a coupe, I went and looked at them for others who were searching nationwide for the right one, but I just couldn't pull the trigger, especially since I had a first 1000 that was still in prime condition (it still is, but is getting to be elderly at more than 7 years old).

It is encouraging that there seems to be a resurgence of members on this forum, now that these wonderful cars have come down in price and are now being enjoyed by a completely new group of owners.

Thanks for participating here! :dthumbs:
:thumbs: Technically you were right. I've used your list a number of times already, and I should know better than to go off memory of the last car on the list and make a statement...lazy leads to incorrect.

I'm still an active member on fullsizebroncos.com and have been since '03, and I pride myself on the knowledge of the vehicle, and CORRECT details, so I don't mind to stand corrected where I am wrong. You'll likely see me here for an equal amount of time since we love our coupe and will likely be holding onto it for many years. And this site has some great knowledge base, great people and great vendors.

So what's standing in your way with getting a coupe now? You wouldn't be the original owner, but now is a great time to buy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am going to check under the hood and trunk liner to see if my coupe was vandalize with any signatures from the workers. I hope to see some signatures will let you know but since mine is 000120 low number could there also be a message?? I wonder if any of the assemble workers are on this forum would you please sign my car!!!! It is never too late.....

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
So what's standing in your way with getting a coupe now? You wouldn't be the original owner, but now is a great time to buy.
I still have that 1st 1000 convertible. I almost went for the new Subaru BRZ until I saw one in person and got to sit in it. It didn't live up to the hype about the car and I certainly didn't have that "I gotta have it" that came with seeing that first glimpse of the Solstice.

The Solstice Coupe is still a convertible, the top is just harder. It's just a bit harder to get into than the convertible as the door opening is about an inch less than the convertible. It's the same thing as the BRZ. having seen the Solstice coupe in person, sat in it, drove it, etc., it's just not that much better to me than the convertible to justify spending the extra dollars on it.

We'll see how they well they age and what the pricing does.

Anyway, feel free to ask whatever you need to know, there's a bunch of us old farts out here that have been around at least as long as the very first Solstice concepts. :lol:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
I am going to check under the hood and trunk liner to see if my coupe was vandalize with any signatures from the workers. I hope to see some signatures will let you know but since mine is 000120 low number could there also be a message?? I wonder if any of the assemble workers are on this forum would you please sign my car!!!! It is never too late.....
It was only the last cars that got the treatment, but feel free to look. Be sure to have enough replacement fasteners before you pull off the hood and trunk liners, as they are pretty much a one time use thing.

:willy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts