Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Directly from the mouths of babes.....or Dragon, I guess. Depends how you look at it.

"Watch "The Apprentice" Tonight on NBC ... the 2006 Pontiac Solstice will be the featured task of tonight's episode and NBC says "there's crying in the boardroom as Trump shows a softer side during first-ever post-firing sobfest." This will be a dramatic episode filled with emotion, suspense, and "a sexy, gorgeous 2-seat roadster." Please tune in at 9ET/8CT.

Apprentice Teams Will Be Challenged ... to create a promotional catalog for Solstice.

IMPORTANT: Copies of the Winning Team's Solstice Catalog ... will arrive at all participating Pontiac dealers in limited quantities today, Thursday, April 14. Please distribute these to customers on a first-come, first-served basis or put them on display starting Friday, April 15, after the show has aired. This is a limited-run catalog that will NOT be available for re-order. Pontiac is providing dealers with a one-time shipment only.

Pontiac Will Air a New 60-second TV Spot ... near the conclusion of the show that features Solstice and announces an important call-to-action to consumers for the Solstice Early Order Program.

Consumer Call to Action ... starts tonight at 9:00 PM ET and includes these easy steps:
1) Visit pontiac.com/apprentice
2) Complete the on-line registration form and print it out
3) Take the registration form with unique ID number to a participating Pontiac dealership starting at 2:00 PM ET on Friday, April 15, and through Sunday, April 24, to be eligible for one of the First 1,000 Exclusive Retail Orders while quantities last or to place a regular sold order with the dealership.

Dealer Response to Customers ... when customers start to arrive at your dealership on Friday, April 15, you have 3 easy options to place an early Solstice order or to waitlist a customer:
1) Submit a request for one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders starting at 2:00 PM ET on Friday or place customer on the program waitlist via the secure dealer website.
2) If the customer is not assigned one of the first 1,000 retail orders, place a regular sold order against your estimated 4-month Solstice allocation quantity. Go to www.pontiaclaunch.com for your dealership's quantity.
3) Place the customer on your own dealership's Solstice order waitlist until such time that you can fill the order.

First Come, First Served ... Pontiac will assign the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders on a first-come, first-served basis with a maximum of five exclusive retail orders per participating dealership while quantities last. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES OF THE NUMBER OF ORDERS EACH PARTICIPATING DEALER WILL RECEIVE, IF ANY. Be sure to place regular sold orders against your estimated 4-month dealer allocation quantity beyond the first 1,000 retail orders.

IMPORTANT REMINDER TO ALL PARTICIPATING DEALERS ... PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS EXCITING, FIRST-EVER PROMOTION IS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE FIRST 1,000 EXCLUSIVE RETAIL ORDERS, BUT ALSO PLACING AS MANY EARLY ORDERS FOR SOLSTICE AS POSSIBLE. AS A RESULT, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR ESTIMATED 4-MONTH SOLSTICE ALLOCATION QUANTITY TO HELP PLACE ORDERS. ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOWCASE OTHER PONTIAC MODELS. YOU MIGHT SELL A CAR TODAY!
! Solstice Demand Will Be High ... please make the most of this opportunity to ensure that every customer's experience is pleasant and memorable. Keep in mind that demand may well outweigh supply. Take as many early orders as possible and enter them in the order bank even for waitlisted customers.
! Solstice MSRP ... Pontiac strongly recommends that all dealers charge no more than MSRP for all Solstice orders. Please protect the integrity of the brand and the promise we have made to deliver a MSRP starting at $19,995 plus options, tax, title, license, and dealer fees.
! Solstice 4-Month Dealer Allocation ... estimated 4-month allocation quantities for regular retail production following the production of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders are available on www.pontiaclaunch.com. Only your individual dealer quantity will be displayed upon entering your BAC code. Please be advised that this earned allocation quantity is only an estimate and may be subject to change.
! Solstice Early Order Program IDL Re-Broadcasts ... are still available for viewing:
- 4/14/05 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET, Channel 7
- 4/18/05 4:30 - 6:30 PM ET, Channel 7
- 4/20/05 8:00 - 10:00 AM ET, Cchannel 7
!
Frequently Asked Question Reminder ... eligible customers may ask the following:
Question: If I am eligible for one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders, how can I find out what VIN I'll receive?

Answer: Due to the nature of production scheduling for new models, we are unable at this time to provide this information to an individual customer. The VIN will be available from the customer's dealer at the time the vehicle is shipped from the plant. The first 1,000 retail orders will be assigned to customers without regard to when the vehicle was ordered by a participating dealer.

Question: If I am not assigned one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders, can I still place an early order for a Solstice?

Answer: Yes. The dealership can place a regular sold order against their estimated allocation quantity or waitlist a customer. "

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pontiac strongly recommends that all dealers charge no more than MSRP for all Solstice orders. Please protect the integrity of the brand and the promise we have made to deliver a MSRP starting at $19,995 plus options, tax, title, license, and dealer fees.
How much weight do we think this will hold with most dealers? For the most parts, our posting dealers seem to want to honor this, but will a majority of Pontiac dealers follow through? :skep:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
You're the man, conejo! Thanks alot! :thumbs: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hey Steve question. Do the normal orders (non-EOP "sold orders") from regular dealer allocation also happen tomorrow after 2 or is that some different time?

·
Registered
64 Posts
conejo148 said:
Question: If I am eligible for one of the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders, how can I find out what VIN I'll receive?

Answer: Due to the nature of production scheduling for new models, we are unable at this time to provide this information to an individual customer. The VIN will be available from the customer's dealer at the time the vehicle is shipped from the plant. The first 1,000 retail orders will be assigned to customers without regard to when the vehicle was ordered by a participating dealer.
I think this answers one of our primary questions...if first order gets first VIN. Looks like it might be randomly assigned after all orders are in.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mceb said:
Hey Steve question. Do the normal orders (non-EOP "sold orders") from regular dealer allocation also happen tomorrow after 2 or is that some different time?
That is an excellent question. I would say that if you go down on Saturday, or as soon as the waitlisting starts, you could probably get on to one of the first production units. It would b a matter of timing. Let me ask somebody.....I'm on hold at Pontiac Div HQ......this music blows...... something between Muzak and Acid Jazz....with a bad guitar section.

OK...Get purposely waitlisted, spec out unit, and then work it out w/ your dealer. After you become waitlisted, it's up to the dealer to pset the order in which they will submit for production. Tried to call somebody higher up the ladder, but couldn't get through...Larry P. must be golfing...OK, Operator #2 said we can start ordering NON-EOP units tonite at 9pm EST. Take it w/ a grina of salt. Again, that is NON-EOP units, 9pm EST.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
conejo148 said:
NON-EOP units tonite at 9pm EST. Take it w/ a grina of salt. Again, that is NON-EOP units, 9pm EST.
Wouldn't it be better after EOP to get more orders for people not making EOP?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Dealer Fees!!!

".......the promise we have made to deliver a MSRP starting at $19,995 plus options, tax, title, license, and dealer fees."

What do you mean "dealer fees"!! Sounds like just another name for dealer markup to me! So much for the promised MSRP for the first 1000, eh? :devil:

·
Registered
182 Posts
RichSol said:
".......the promise we have made to deliver a MSRP starting at $19,995 plus options, tax, title, license, and dealer fees."

What do you mean "dealer fees"!! Sounds like just another name for dealer markup to me! So much for the promised MSRP for the first 1000, eh? :devil:

I think dealer fees are the 50 or so bucks they charged for doing the paperwork or some other bs.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Brian said:
I think dealer fees are the 50 or so bucks they charged for doing the paperwork or some other bs.
Well if it's 50 bucks or so I won't complain much. But if it's the old 'dealer prep/markup' that used to be a standard gouge on all american cars, that's a different story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts