Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my estimation of new car dealer's place on the evolutionary ladder might have to be revised. I sent out emails to seven different Pontiac dealers requesting to pay no more than MSRP+TTL. I just got off the phone from the only one that responded. It's a little dealership in a small farm town 35 miles south of here. Might be a nice guy. Said he'd be happy to sell me the first one he got. But refused to take a deposit until after they could actually be ordered, even when I offered to drive out there today ( :skep: curious). Said they didn't believe in tacking a mark-up on a car of the Solstice's price range but they did add them to GTO's and C6 'Vettes( :cuss: disgusting). Also said they got thir first C6 three or four weeks after the big dealers north of Houston ( :skep: curious). Said Solstice wouldn't be available till fall so I read him the Lutz quote that had been on Dealers World ( :skep: curious). Told him I had heard rumor they would I would be able to "build" one after Feb 28, just eleven days from now. Yet he concluded the phone call with "Keep sending me an e-mail every two or three weeks and if I hear anything, I'll get in contact with you." :skep:

Hope I'm not being jerked around again! :willy: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,411 Posts
DreamerDave what about GTOJ? I thought he was in Houston and he has no mark up and is one of our supporting dealers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll wager GTOJ could work out something. Hell, I'd drive six hours in a heartbeat to deal with someone I liked and trusted.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, just looked it up and it's 80 miles farther to Jacksonville. GTOJ is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from here, but he might be my only hope. And that drive isn't sounding near as bad as it did last July when I was considering sending him a check.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I think you better email that dealer back after the 28th! Sounds to me like he is probably being honest with what he knows, but he is going to forget about you if you don't remind him of your interest!

I can understand the desire to get the car from a local dealer instead of GTOJ. Buying local is more convenient and they will be more receptive in the service department should you need them than they would be if you bought the car elsewhere.

However, GTOJ may be able to arrange having the car shipped to a dealer closer to you for you to take delivery at too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Sorry, just looked it up and it's 80 miles farther to Jacksonville. GTOJ is about a 4 1/2 hour drive from here, but he might be my only hope. And that drive isn't sounding near as bad as it did last July when I was considering sending him a check.

Just imagine the fantastic 4 1/2 hour drive you will get to enjoy riding home in your brand spankin' new Solstice! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts