Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut and Paste is miracle cure...

Solstice Early Order Program Results, 4/15-4/24 ... thanks to all participating dealers for your support and participation during this extraordinary promotion. Pontiac generated over 40,000 on-line customer registrations during the program period, sold the First 1,000 vehicles in less than one hour to over 650 dealers in 47 states, waitlisted nearly 5,500 customers, received a record-setting 1.4 million+ unique visitors to Pontiac.com, over 840,000 visitors to the special Early Order website, and over 113 million impressions based on all media coverage following the Solstice's national debut on NBC's "The Apprentice."

! Solstice First 1,000 Customer Verification ... Program Headquarters is working diligently to complete the verification process for all of the First 1,000 retail orders. Please keep in mind that customers are being contacted and re-contacted until a representative can speak to them directly to verify their customer information. This activity will be completed early next week. As you know, every customer must meet the criteria for eligibility in the program rules. If names are removed from the First 1,000 list, those next in line will be contacted. For questions or inquiries, please contact Program Headquarters at 1-866-539-0256.

! Solstice Waitlisted Customers for the First 1,000 Exclusive Orders ... please encourage these customers to place a regular order against your dealer allocation quantity if they have not already done so as most waitlisted customers for the First 1,000 will not be awarded due to their place in line. It is imperative that you take advantage of this opportunity to place an early order for these eager customers or place them on your own waitlist. Dealers will be expected to manage customers' expectations for vehicle ordering and timing.

! Solstice First 1,000 Customer Communication ... Pontiac and Program Headquarters will remain in contact with all First 1,000 customers during their wait period prior to vehicle delivery over the next few months. Contact activity will include phone follow-up by Program Headquarters, e-mails, mailings, and special gifts sent. Most of these communications will be co-signed by both Pontiac and the respective local dealership. Program Headquarters will also remain "live" over this time period to provide customer service to these special customers and to dealers who may have questions.

! Solstice Early Order Program Follow-Up ... all consumers who participated in the early order program will receive a follow-up e-mail early next week to thank them for their participation and to inform them that the verification process is nearly complete. In addition, select top-tier waitlisted customers will receive a second e-mail during the week of May 9th indicating that they may still have a chance for one of the First 1,000 vehicles in the event of an order cancellation. All remaining lower-tier waitlisted customers will be informed by e-mail that the list of First 1,000 customers has been finalized and that they may still place an early order with their local dealership if they have not already done so. In mid-May, we will send out a direct mail piece to all consumers who were not among the First 1,000 that will include a thank-you letter from Pontiac and their respective local dealership along with either a Solstice poster-fold sales piece (for waitlisted customers) or a full-line catalog (for customers who participated on-line, but did not visit a Pontiac dealership).

I'm sure you'll have some questions...so fire a away..Small Dealer, jwvrod, guys...help!

·
Registered
515 Posts
conejo148 said:
Contact activity will include phone follow-up by Program Headquarters, e-mails, mailings, and special gifts sent.
Special gifts? Let the speculation begin...

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Solstice Waitlisted Customers for the First 1,000 Exclusive Orders ... please encourage these customers to place a regular order against your dealer allocation quantity if they have not already done so as most waitlisted customers for the First 1,000 will not be awarded due to their place in line. It is imperative that you take advantage of this opportunity to place an early order for these eager customers or place them on your own waitlist.

All remaining lower-tier waitlisted customers will be informed by e-mail that the list of First 1,000 customers has been finalized and that they may still place an early order with their local dealership if they have not already done so.

May 9 - 15 : The Great Oz will have spoken within the next two weeks and you lucky EOP folks will have hit Emerald City.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I looked in the mirror this morning and said, "Hook'em, you look like a Top Tier Waitlisted Solstice 1000 customer if I've ever seen one."

·
Registered
154 Posts
conejo148 said:
over 840,000 visitors to the special Early Order website... ...following the Solstice's national debut on NBC's "The Apprentice."
That is a boat load of potential customers! All these people went specifically to see the Solstice! That is impressive.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
waiting said:
conejo148 said:
over 840,000 visitors to the special Early Order website... ...following the Solstice's national debut on NBC's "The Apprentice."
That is a boat load of potential customers! All these people went specifically to see the Solstice! That is impressive.
The 1965 and 1966 Mustang sold 1/2 million units each year.... Watch for GM to put out a hardtop coupe and bring additional manufacturing resources into play next year.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
conejo148 said:
...If names are removed from the First 1,000 list, those next in line will be contacted. For questions or inquiries, please contact Program Headquarters at 1-866-539-0256. ...

...In addition, select top-tier waitlisted customers will receive a second e-mail during the week of May 9th indicating that they may still have a chance for one of the First 1,000 vehicles in the event of an order cancellation. ...

So, the e-mails will go out to tell "top-tier waitlisted customers" will tell them that if a cancellation occurs they may be chosen. That covers Cancellations.

So, do you think they are contacting folks from the waitlist NOW for spots that open up due to disqualifications? Nobody (to my knowledge) has posted here yet that they've been moved from the waitlist b/c of some of the disqualifications.

Am I just being too picky with the language, here?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I don't think they have started on the wait list yet. They still have to verify the first 1000. I would think they will be done with the first 1000 list today. Maybe starting on Monday the wait list people people will start getting calls. I think I'm near the top of the wait list as well; but, then again, that could be the crack talking! Wait a minute...I don't do drugs.... :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks conejo148!!!!

Crimson Avenger said:
The 1965 and 1966 Mustang sold 1/2 million units each year.... Watch for GM to put out a hardtop coupe and bring additional manufacturing resources into play next year.
We'll never see anywhere near those annual numbers IMO.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was Wondering

Was looking to see where my thread went, then BAM! as Emeril would say...I got stickied. Wait, is being stickied good or bad....oh well...doesn't matter.

BTW, I think my 5 or 6 threads have totalled well over 15,000 views, didn't count replies, but I appreciate that y'all take the time to look at the stuff I throw out. I definitly appreciate that YOU GUYS appreciate it.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
mceb said:
Crimson Avenger said:
We'll never see anywhere near those annual numbers IMO.
No, most certainly not. My only point was that attractive "sports-type" cars at a humble price point can sell well. I mean to say watch what GM does in response to the demand.

The point is, if they sell out each 4 month allocation before any of the cars are delivered in each cycle, then they clearly have unrealized demand which could translate into additional units. GM may also be emboldened to try other Kappa designs like the Nomad.

What I hope we see is more freedom of expression for the designers. A guest on John McElroy's Autoline Detroit summed it up best by saying that the best products produced by American manufacturers have been their concepts. I and others on this forum well note that the manufacturers all too often don't build anything even close to the concept, or keep the name, bend a bit of metal a little sharper on an existing model and say "inspired by ....".

One thing most on this forum would agree is that the Solstice production car is as enticing as the concept, and I am personally heartened that the design team was tapped to bring the car into production. What a novel idea--have the guys who designed it productionize it! I would wager that had this been done more often.... Well, I won't go there just yet. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
conejo148 said:
Was looking to see where my thread went, then BAM! as Emeril would say...I got stickied. Wait, is being stickied good or bad....oh well...doesn't matter.

BTW, I think my 5 or 6 threads have totalled well over 15,000 views, didn't count replies, but I appreciate that y'all take the time to look at the stuff I throw out. I definitly appreciate that YOU GUYS appreciate it.

:cheers:
Yo, conejo148! :cheers:

You really go above and beyond the call of duty. Your info is very much appreciated. Now here's my question/speculation. Wouldnt it be nice if they sent out the 1:18 models ASAP so we could at least joke we got a "solstice" quicker than expected? And Im hoping for a jacket from the solsticestuff site or maybe a credit for a purchase. That would be good marketing to get exposure out in the communities by having people wear the name.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I got my 2nd call...

I got my verification call at 5:00 PM EDT today telling me that I qualified and will get one of the 1st 1K and congratulations to me.

She still said 4th quarter delivery.....no other info was offered after I asked.

I'm in mid-Michigan

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Solstick said:
And Im hoping for a jacket from the solsticestuff site or maybe a credit for a purchase.
That would be a great idea since they're going to be rolling them out to us closer to winter. It would be kind of like saying "Sorry you didn't get your car in summer, but here's a nice Solstice jacket to wear in the cold weather while you're driving with the top down." It would be a nice gesture.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You are awasome. Great and exciting information. Got my confirmation call today, one week after the verification call. I love this process. The tease goes on, and on... You can feel the excitement in this site. Got mine in black with the two tone interior. Hope it's not too hot for Florida. October is perfect roadster weather! Wahoo!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts