Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Options

OPTION PACKAGES-POWER PACKAGE(*POWER DOOR LOCKS*REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY*POWER WINDOWS*POWER MIRRORS*)
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE(*CRUISE CONTROL*DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER*INTERGRATED FOG LAMPS*)
AVAILABLE OPTIONS-(*AIR COND.*ABS*5-SPEED AUTO TRANS.early 2006*LIMITED SLI REAR DIFERENTIAL*MP3 CAPABLE CD *MP3 CAPABLE 6DISC IN DASH CD PLAYER*MONSOON PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYS.*XM SAT. RADIO*ONSTAR*18 POLISHED OR CHROME WHEELS september 2006*CARPETED FLOOR MAT*)
EXTERIOR COLORS(*LIQUID SILVER METALLIC*BLACK*VICTORY RED*SHADOW GRAY METALLIC*SUMMIT WHITE*DARK BLUE METALLIC*EMERALD GREEN METALLIC*)
AVAILABLE-SUMMER OF 2005
MSRP =19,995(INCLUDES DFC)
THIS WAS COPIED OFF THE SOLSTICE PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET.
SPECS=HP [email protected]UE [email protected] 7.2 SEC....FUEL TANK 13.3 GALL.
PLUS ALL THE STANDARD FEATURES...WILL POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED..
:thumbs:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
SATCH said:
OPTION PACKAGES-POWER PACKAGE(*POWER DOOR LOCKS*REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY*POWER WINDOWS*POWER MIRRORS*)
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE(*CRUISE CONTROL*DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER*INTERGRATED FOG LAMPS*)
AVAILABLE OPTIONS-(*AIR COND.*ABS*5-SPEED AUTO TRANS.early 2006*LIMITED SLI REAR DIFERENTIAL*MP3 CAPABLE CD *MP3 CAPABLE 6DISC IN DASH CD PLAYER*MONSOON PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYS.*XM SAT. RADIO*ONSTAR*18 POLISHED OR CHROME WHEELS september 2006*CARPETED FLOOR MAT*)
EXTERIOR COLORS(*LIQUID SILVER METALLIC*BLACK*VICTORY RED*SHADOW GRAY METALLIC*SUMMIT WHITE*DARK BLUE METALLIC*EMERALD GREEN METALLIC*)
AVAILABLE-SUMMER OF 2005
MSRP =19,995(INCLUDES DFC)
THIS WAS COPIED OFF THE SOLSTICE PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET.
SPECS=HP [email protected]UE [email protected] 7.2 SEC....FUEL TANK 13.3 GALL.
PLUS ALL THE STANDARD FEATURES...WILL POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED..
:thumbs:
Welcome to the forum Satch, and thanks a ton for the information! :cool:

Post whatever you have! We are always dying for new information!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
SATCH said:
OPTION PACKAGES-POWER PACKAGE(*POWER DOOR LOCKS*REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY*POWER WINDOWS*POWER MIRRORS*)
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE(*CRUISE CONTROL*DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER*INTERGRATED FOG LAMPS*)
AVAILABLE OPTIONS-(*AIR COND.*ABS*5-SPEED AUTO TRANS.early 2006*LIMITED SLI REAR DIFERENTIAL*MP3 CAPABLE CD *MP3 CAPABLE 6DISC IN DASH CD PLAYER*MONSOON PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYS.*XM SAT. RADIO*ONSTAR*18 POLISHED OR CHROME WHEELS september 2006*CARPETED FLOOR MAT*)
EXTERIOR COLORS(*LIQUID SILVER METALLIC*BLACK*VICTORY RED*SHADOW GRAY METALLIC*SUMMIT WHITE*DARK BLUE METALLIC*EMERALD GREEN METALLIC*)
AVAILABLE-SUMMER OF 2005
MSRP =19,995(INCLUDES DFC)
THIS WAS COPIED OFF THE SOLSTICE PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET.
SPECS=HP [email protected]UE [email protected] 7.2 SEC....FUEL TANK 13.3 GALL.
PLUS ALL THE STANDARD FEATURES...WILL POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED..
:thumbs:
Got pricing for these options? What happened to leather seats and the color Yellow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Standard Features

MECHANICAL=(*2.4 ECOTEC DOHC WT1-4 ENGINE,ALL ALUMINUM,NATURALLY ASPIRATED*AISIN 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANNY*REAR WHEEL DRIVE*INDEPENDENT FRONT/REAR SLA SUSPENSION*BILSTEIN COIL-OVER MONOTUBE SHOCKS*FOUR WHEEL DISC BRAKES*POWER RACK AND PINION STEERING*NEAR 50/50 WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION*)
EXTERIOR=(*18" 5 SPOKE ALUM.ALLOY RIMS*P245/45R18 GOODYEAR EAGLE RSA TIRES*CHROME EXHAUST OUTLET*INTERGRATED AERO FERRINGS*SOFT CONV. TOP ebony color,REAR GLASS BACKLIGHT*DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS*)
INTERIOR=(*DRIV./PASS. AIR BAGS*COCKPIT STYLE INSTRUMENT PANEL*MOTORCYCLE INSPIRED GAUGES*RACE INSPIRED SPORT BUCKET SEATS,CUSHION & SEAT BACK STORAGE*3 CUPHOLDERS*AM/FM RADIO,CD PLAYER & 6 SPEAKERS*PASS KEY,THEFT DETERENT*REAR DEFOGGER*RAKE STEERING WHEEL*TIRE SEALANT & INFLATOR KIT*)
INTERIOR TRIM LEVELS=STANDARD EBONY CLOTH**LEATHER OPTIONAL=EBONY OR GRANITE/SAND(TWO TONE)
THATS IT FOR STANDARD EQUIPMENT FEATURES. :cool:

LEATHER PACKAGE=(*WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL*WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB manual only*STEERING WHEEL ACCESSORY CONTROLS*EBONY OR GRANITE/SAND SEATING SURFACE)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
AeroDave said:
Got pricing for these options? What happened to leather seats and the color Yellow?
Looks like yellow has disappeared from the list of options in Order Management. Leather is still there. Color 42U has changed names to Shadow Gray and 312 leather seats are now Granite/Sandy Sport Seats.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
AeroDave said:
Got pricing for these options? What happened to leather seats and the color Yellow?
Crap, I just noticed that too when I read over it the second time. :( :( :(
It also looks like there are no optional rims until later as well.

Man if there's no yellow for real that just ruined my day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
brentil said:
Crap, I just noticed that too when I read over it the second time. :( :( :(
It also looks like there are no optional rims until later as well.

Man if there's no yellow for real that just ruined my day.
I don't get it. You can get a GM pick up truck in all kinds of wild bright colors, but if you want a roadster you get milk toast crap! I really am starting to think they are trying deliberately to down play the Solstice so as to give the Sky a better chance and allow GM greater profit margins. If I'm right, the Sky will come in all kinds of cool colors. GM is really forcing me to greatly anticipate the Miata NC in March! :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
SATCH said:
MECHANICAL=(*2.4 ECOTEC DOHC WT1-4 ENGINE,ALL ALUMINUM,NATURALLY ASPIRATED*AISIN 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANNY*REAR WHEEL DRIVE*INDEPENDENT FRONT/REAR SLA SUSPENSION*BILSTEIN COIL-OVER MONOTUBE SHOCKS*FOUR WHEEL DISC BRAKES*POWER RACK AND PINION STEERING*NEAR 50/50 WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION*)
EXTERIOR=(*18" 5 SPOKE ALUM.ALLOY RIMS*P245/45R18 GOODYEAR EAGLE RSA TIRES*CHROME EXHAUST OUTLET*INTERGRATED AERO FERRINGS*SOFT CONV. TOP ebony color,REAR GLASS BACKLIGHT*DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS*)
INTERIOR=(*DRIV./PASS. AIR BAGS*COCKPIT STYLE INSTRUMENT PANEL*MOTORCYCLE INSPIRED GAUGES*RACE INSPIRED SPORT BUCKET SEATS,CUSHION & SEAT BACK STORAGE*3 CUPHOLDERS*AM/FM RADIO,CD PLAYER & 6 SPEAKERS*PASS KEY,THEFT DETERENT*REAR DEFOGGER*RAKE STEERING WHEEL*TIRE SEALANT & INFLATOR KIT*)
INTERIOR TRIM LEVELS=STANDARD EBONY CLOTH**LEATHER OPTIONAL=EBONY OR GRANITE/SAND(TWO TONE)
THATS IT FOR STANDARD EQUIPMENT FEATURES. :cool:

LEATHER PACKAGE=(*WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL*WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB manual only*STEERING WHEEL ACCESSORY CONTROLS*EBONY OR GRANITE/SAND SEATING SURFACE)
It's good to have some more news for a change -- thanks for the post :) So this would be interesting because it would at least confirm that there is/are,
1) 3 (count em) cupholders
2) tire sealant & inflator kit (& no spare)​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Rats. I was hoping for A/C standard in the $19995 price. Where I live, A/C is not an option, it is a necessity. It's already hot enough down here that I had to run the A/C when I went to lunch just now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
Reformatted:

OPTION PACKAGES

POWER PACKAGE
*POWER DOOR LOCKS
*REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
*POWER WINDOWS
*POWER MIRRORS​

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
*CRUISE CONTROL
*DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
*INTERGRATED FOG LAMPS)​

AVAILABLE OPTIONS

*AIR COND.
*ABS
*5-SPEED AUTO TRANS.early 2006
*LIMITED SLI REAR DIFERENTIAL
*MP3 CAPABLE CD
*MP3 CAPABLE 6DISC IN DASH CD PLAYER
*MONSOON PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYS.
*XM SAT. RADIO
*ONSTAR
*18 POLISHED OR CHROME WHEELS september 2006
*CARPETED FLOOR MAT*​

EXTERIOR COLORS
*LIQUID SILVER METALLIC
*BLACK
*VICTORY RED
*SHADOW GRAY METALLIC
*SUMMIT WHITE
*DARK BLUE METALLIC
*EMERALD GREEN METALLIC​

AVAILABLE-SUMMER OF 2005

MSRP =$19,995(INCLUDES DFC)

THIS WAS COPIED OFF THE SOLSTICE PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEET.
POWER 177 hp @6600rpm
TORQUE [email protected]
0-60 7.2 SEC
FUEL TANK 13.3 GALL.

STANDARD FEATURES:

MECHANICAL=
*2.4 ECOTEC DOHC WT1-4 ENGINE,ALL ALUMINUM,NATURALLY ASPIRATED
*AISIN 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANNY
*REAR WHEEL DRIVE
*INDEPENDENT FRONT/REAR SLA SUSPENSION
*BILSTEIN COIL-OVER MONOTUBE SHOCKS
*FOUR WHEEL DISC BRAKES
*POWER RACK AND PINION STEERING
*NEAR 50/50 WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION​

EXTERIOR=
*18" 5 SPOKE ALUM.ALLOY RIMS
*P245/45R18 GOODYEAR EAGLE RSA TIRES
*CHROME EXHAUST OUTLET
*INTERGRATED AERO FERRINGS
*SOFT CONV. TOP ebony color,REAR GLASS BACKLIGHT
*DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS​

INTERIOR=
*DRIV./PASS. AIR BAGS
*COCKPIT STYLE INSTRUMENT PANEL
*MOTORCYCLE INSPIRED GAUGES
*RACE INSPIRED SPORT BUCKET SEATS,CUSHION & SEAT BACK STORAGE
*3 CUPHOLDERS
*AM/FM RADIO,CD PLAYER & 6 SPEAKERS
*PASS KEY,THEFT DETERENT
*REAR DEFOGGER
*RAKE STEERING WHEEL
*TIRE SEALANT & INFLATOR KIT*)​

INTERIOR TRIM LEVELS=
*STANDARD EBONY CLOTH
*LEATHER OPTIONAL=EBONY OR GRANITE/SAND(TWO TONE) CONSISTING OF
*WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
*WRAPPED SHIFT KNOB manual only
*STEERING WHEEL ACCESSORY CONTROLS
*EBONY OR GRANITE/SAND SEATING SURFACE​



Satch, where did you get all this stuff - from your dealership?

I think there are a few errors. I know there is a yellow Solstice, as there has been one sighted (I haven't seen it yet, but an acquaintence of mine definitely HAS seen it) in the SE MI area. I highly doubt they'd dump yellow for white.

Also, according to another acquaintence, white is not one of the colors going to be available. Too bad TomDoc can't talk - I bet he'd be able to clear this up.

As for the rest, nice job.

13.3 gallons: at a mileage of 22/27 (best guess at this point) that's 260 miles (at city) to 320 miles (at highway), with 1.5 gallons of reserve.

I also have another way of calculating typical range: use 85% of the fuel capacity multiplied by the AVERAGE of the city and highway. So, on the average, you'll be refilling about every 245 miles or so.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Thanks again for all the good info, and thanks to SM for sorting it out a little more!

No yellow? That stinks! This car needs more brite colors! Its a sports car, not a soccer mom minivan!

No surprise on the inflator kit. No room for a spare.

Also, the options show only a soft top. I know most of us expect that, but there have still been some holdouts looking for a hardtop. At least that doesn't appear to be a factory option at this time. Maybe GM would do an accessory hardtop.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Also, the options show only a soft top. I know most of us expect that, but there have still been some holdouts looking for a hardtop. At least that doesn't appear to be a factory option at this time. Maybe GM would do an accessory hardtop.
Yeah I'm betting most of the things we'll see for this car that are officially made by GM will end up being Accessories isntead of actual car options. Kinda wish the GM website was like the Dodge one where it also listed all Mopar parts you can get for a car.

I've updated my HTML page with the information we've been given.
http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm

::EDIT::
Waiting caught some things I had missed. File has been updated again.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah I'm betting most of the things we'll see for this car that are officially made by GM will end up being Accessories isntead of actual car options. Kinda wish the GM website was like the Dodge one where it also listed all Mopar parts you can get for a car.

I've updated my HTML page with the information we've been given.
http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm
I generally don’t like having a lot of add on accessories. I like being able to order the car as I want it from the factory. Maybe not as much for trunk dividers, stone guards, or other such items, but bigger items would be nice to get from the factory to insure quality and fit. Especially something like a hardtop, that would be painted to match. Shipped separately you run the risk of scratches and damage, and you also run a risk of a poor color match. If the dealer has to paint it when it arrives, all bets are off on how good the paint quality is, how skilled the person painting it is, how well they match the color, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Maybe not as much for trunk dividers, stone guards, or other such items, but bigger items would be nice to get from the factory
Darn, you mean there's no factory trunk divider for the Solstice? Wow, talk about a deal breaker! Guess I'll have to improvise with a half dozen quart Tuperware containers. :)

I agree about the paint issue though, especially with two diferent silvers offered. That's a tough color to match exactly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I SECURED ALL THE PRODUCT INFORMATION FROM MY PONTIAC DEALER.HERE'S MORE INFO. I NEGLECTED TO POST:
HEIGHT 50.1"
LENGTH 157.2"
WIDTH 71.3"
WHEELBASE 95.1"
FRONT TRACK 60.7"
REAR TRACK 61.4"
HEAD ROOM 38.5"
SHOULDER ROOM 52.4"
LEG ROOM 42.7"
WEIGHT 2860 lb
LATERAL Gs 0.90 :
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Good info. Hope this is only the beginning of more to come. Looks like GM is finally getting their act together. As far as colors go, this car should attract plenty of attention without the radical colors. But, that said, this is a new roadster and the bright and radical colars are part of the draw. Maybe GM is waiting for the supercharged model to offer the bright colors. Might make me get one for the wife then. :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Here are theMazda NB MX-5 values for comparison

Head room: 37.1 (Solstice: 38.5 bigger by +1.4")
Leg room: 42.8 (Solstice: 42.7 smaller by -0.1")
Shoulder room: 49.7 (Solstice: 52.4 bigger by +2.7")
Hip room: 49.2 (Solstice: ???)
Wheelbase: 89.2 (Solstice: 95.1 bigger by +5.9")
Front: 55.7 (Solstice: 60.7 bigger by +5")
Rear: 56.7 (Solstice: 61.4 bigger by +4.7")
Length: 155.3 (Solstice: 157.2 bigger by +1.9")
Width: 66.1 (Solstice: 71.3 bigger by +5.2")
Height: 48.3 (Solstice: 50.1 bigger by +1.8")
Weight: 2,447 (Solstice: 2860 heavier by +413 lbs)
Lateral Gs: ??? (Solstice: 0.90 G)
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top