Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been perusing the Facebook sections for Kappas and I must say, some of the posts are laughable. I had someone telling me their car with no mods, but the GMPP "chip" was pushing over 300hp at the wheels. I've watched people tell others that it's okay to run conventional oil in their turbo car. I've also watched people tell others to go with HIDs in their Solstice with no headlight mods (Soup!!!...LOL). And RPM is hugely active over there as well.

With that said, I'm so greatful for the knowledge we have here and how much I've learned from everyone. Thank you!! I will continue to peruse and report anything comical that I find!!

Reactions: ChopTop

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I agree that it's a good group here. Nothing wrong with challenging each others through process, trouble shooting and opinions. That's how the best results are achieved and the bull-doodie weeded out.

Let's talk about Seafoam now, okay?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Certainly have seen a bunch of people stating things that were definitely incorrect.

Reactions: The_Ghost

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Actually, you can run non-synthetic oil in the turbo cars if you really want to, but there are some restrictions - you need to idle them down as shutting off the engine right after a hard run can turn the oil inside the turbo bearings to ash and significantly shorten turbo life. You also want more frequent oil changes than you do with synthetic.

The 300whp plus guy sounds like a combination of someone unaware of the difference between BHP and WHP, and may also be one of those twits that reads a list of mods, some of which are redundant (i.e. you would only do certain ones in combination with others) and adds up all the numbers to get a total theoretical power gain.

And the chip thing seems to hang on years after they went the way of the Dodo - which IIRC was (for GM) when they went from OBD1 to OBD1.5 in the mid 90s.

You should go out on FB and tell them what a crock of crap they are talking and refer them to the Kappa groups for an education, hoping that a small fraction of them will take a look.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Silver IS the fastest colored car, right?
Naw - gray - less likely to come to the attention of the police than that flashy silver!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
See how stupid this becomes? Black is the fastest because black is, by definition, the lack of light. Therefore it is obviously faster than the speed of light because it can't be seen.

Screw all of you. I'm going over to facebook to preach the truth . . .

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
See how stupid this becomes? Black is the fastest because black is, by definition, the lack of light. Therefore it is obviously faster than the speed of light because it can't be seen.

Screw all of you. I'm going over to facebook to preach the truth . . .
gotta agree. nothing beats the speed of dark

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The 300whp plus guy sounds .

You should go out on FB and tell them what a crock of crap they are talking and refer them to the Kappa groups for an education, hoping that a small fraction of them will take a look.
I wasn't going to get specific, but it was a woman that just bought her car several weeks ago and actually called me a name that wouldn't be allowed here because I was trying to educate her...nicely at first. Then I called BS and told her mine wasn't even at 300hp at the wheels and mine was a custom tune....she really got mad then.

And I do tell them all to come here and we'd be more then happy to help them... I think I've gotten 3 or 4 to come here or the Sky forum. I did tell them though not to mention putting HIDs in their Solstice or this guy named CarrotStew* might have a problem!! haha!!!

*Name changed to protect the innocent (see how I did that?!?! haha)

And Chicken...white is the fastest....for the record. Because it sucks in all colors!!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
TomatoSoup said:
Carrots? Did someone say carrots?
Sadly, my wife prefers carats.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts