Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals,

Does anyone know the law around youngsters in car seats and two seater roadsters? I know there is an airbag issue, but can kids ride in a sol, in a car seat under any conditions (such as with an airback turned off)? Just curious as I have a little fella who would love to cruise around with me... provided it was legal and safe.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Sol has an airbag suppression switch. Which I believe if there is not a 120lbs in the seat the air bag is not active. This allows small children. Not sure about the child seat!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I take our 18 month old in the car all the time....the air bag shows as disabled .....I'm not sure what weight is required, but have two thoughts, either the combined weight of him and the car seat is lower than required to set the air bag or the car seat stratles the sensor.....in either case the air bag is disabled so he's fine.....

Bill

Just reread....Jacqui has had her 10 year old in the car, and he did not activate the air bag either....

B

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just spoke with Jacqui, two of her children did not set the air bag, both under 85 lbs. another one, at 95 lbs set it to stage 1 and Jacqui, herself, at 105 sets it at stage 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts