Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Neat as the Lotus 7 is, the one I would lust after would be a similarly converted Europa.

Lotus installed a higher power engine in the Lotus 47 for competition, but a tuned Ecotec turbo engine would make them into something else again.

They were only 42" high (9" lower than a Solstice) and weighed less than 1500 lbs. (closer to 1300 in race form. Think of them as Lotus 7 you can drive in bad weather.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Neat as the Lotus 7 is, the one I would lust after would be a similarly converted Europa.

Lotus installed a higher power engine in the Lotus 47 for competition, but a tuned Ecotec turbo engine would make them into something else again.

They were only 42" high (9" lower than a Solstice) and weighed less than 1500 lbs. (closer to 1300 in race form. Think of them as Lotus 7 you can drive in bad weather.

But didn't they have non-opening windows?

·
Registered
6,494 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have autocrossed more than a few Super 7/Caterhams over the years and you have a VERY potent weapon on your hands.. I ran 175-200 hp ones on race tires and sticky streets and Oh my God the stick, grip, acceleration!! You have increased the power again by 50%!!
I AM in SoCal and would LOVE a ride.. (well a drive really..lol) I had kinda taken 10 years off of Autocrossing and have gone back in running my GXP coupe in stock class and doing very well. Love to see that baby out and about!
Ping me with your contact info. I'm in the San Pedro area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Looks cool! I was never a fan of convertables, but I gotta say driving around with no doors or top is addictive. The 47 looks like a mini miura almost.

Daniel

21 - 25 of 25 Posts