Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Yellow top is for sale. I had the rare chance to get a different top, and i jumped on it. with that being said the top is now up for grabs. here are some pictures with it on the car. We all know brand new this puppy is a grand plus, and by the time " options" are fitted on it we are looking at 1500 at least. anyway. Top is yellow, and has rear glass window. When i got the top from it's 1st owner i had to replace the bottom seal. my advice since potential buying would be 3rd owner to replace ALL THE SEALS. like stated by smoothline just because the top fit my car snug doesn't mean it fits your top. REPLACE ALL THE SEALS AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PROPERLY FIT THE TOP. Other wise it will leak and you will have a bad time. Don't ask :). anyway here are some pictures. I will have more close ups come morning. also the rear decklid is for sale as well.

i would like to get 700 for the top Plus shipping, obo. as far as the decklid goes i have no idea what they go for, so don't rape me :). let's start at 400 for the decklid. This lid is not dented or dinged up in anyway shape or form as the pictures will show. You can PM me at anytime. I will ship, but would like somebody to come pick it up. otherwise we can talk about fed ex and what now. My zip code is 34638 don't ask me about how much shipping to blah blah would be. you have my zipcode figure it out yourself.

PICTURES !!!!

PS: i also have a solo HIGH FLOW cat for sale ( disclaimer ) "this cat is for the 2.4L le5. I hoped it would be obvious, but it has been brought to my attention a picture of the cat is not enough to show what car it is for. " Less then 3000 miles, sitting here waiting for a new home 200 plus shipping

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know this is off topic and I don't mean to clutter up your for sale thread but I was just curious of the story that resulted in your exhaust tip and the condition of your rear fascia?

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Wind noise? No wind noise in my '08. If you have wind noise you gotta get the wrenches out to make some adjustments.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twowheeladdict i have to agree with slybob, if you have wind noise you need to make some adjustments. but i will have to say this, there is a lot less noise. Plus everybody and i mean everybody loves the styling s2k guys are jelly, miata guys are jelly, they are all jelly!. as far as the rear facia and exhaust go sadly i am not permitted to share at this moment. If you stay tuned or just watch my threads you will see a build thread coming up soon. Back on topic BUY MY TOP AND CAT...meow

·
Registered
9 Posts
How heavy is it? How much trouble to install? Did you have it painted yellow or did you get it that way? What new top did you buy? Why are you replacing the deck lid? I'm in North Port. I come to Tampa almost weekly, will be there Friday. Maybe I could take a look at it?

·
Registered
311 Posts
If the cat comes with all necessary hardware i'll take it off your hands ASAP.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How heavy is it? How much trouble to install? Did you have it painted yellow or did you get it that way? What new top did you buy? Why are you replacing the deck lid? I'm in North Port. I come to Tampa almost weekly, will be there Friday. Maybe I could take a look at it?
I am the 2nd owner on the top and it came yellow from the Original owner. it takes about 5 mintues to install. I really don't see how it is important to tell you guys what top i am getting, but as i am putting a cage in my car there are only 2 possible choice. A, an edag top or B, a top from norm.
Decklid is not being replaced, it's being removed for said cage and top install.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I honestly have no idea. I posted in the sky forum, and somebody said it's not the same, but i find it hard to believe. as it only has to clear a small portion of the hump. Looking at the pictures provided by Smoothline they look identical to me. Is there anybody that can chime in?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did just read over that as well, and i invite any sky owner in the area to come by. I personally have attempted to deal with smoothline but got nowhere. I am stubborn, and would like to see where there are issues with the top fitting. people have mentioned the ( top ) part of the hump but as far as that goes it should not matter since it's a hard top and the hump would not be hitting the roof. Maybe i'll drive to carmax tomorrow and try to fit my top on a sky. regardless it remains for sale. I have had many pm's but nobody seems be serious. still waiting... :( it's tax season buy my top. When i got this last year people where fighting over it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.