Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been raining since yesterday and I got into my car this morning and noticed drips on the seat. They are coming from the seal in the front. Anyone else had this problem? I did a search and didn't find this particular problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
slygirl said:
It's been raining since yesterday and I got into my car this morning and noticed drips on the seat. They are coming from the seal in the front. Anyone else had this problem? I did a search and didn't find this particular problem.
Ya it's happening here, been raining all day. But you can't even check to see if roof is on exact because of the darn rain. We checked fast, but really can't tell till rain stops. But it might be the seal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
I'm leaking a little around the "baby arms." Not too bad though, leaks on and off. By the looks of it, the canvas part is really tight against the a-pillar compared to the top of the windshield. I'm venturing a guess that the rain channel is be cut off causing the water leak.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Where the top meets the winshield? There has been a few accounts of leaks but mostly in the side I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I have never owned a convertible that didnt leak a little here and there. I always buy a matching towel to keep on hand for mop ups
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
ESERIES3 said:
I have never owned a convertible that didnt leak a little here and there. I always buy a matching towel to keep on hand for mop ups
Same here. And I've never known an honest owner of a convertible that didn't confess to a leak now and then. And I live in a dry climate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
mceb said:
Where the top meets the winshield? There has been a few accounts of leaks but mostly in the side I think.
Yes, where the top meets the windshield and it's mostly toward the passenger's side.

I have a service appiontment on Monday. I'll post the outcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
slygirl said:
Yes, where the top meets the windshield and it's mostly toward the passenger's side.

I have a service appiontment on Monday. I'll post the outcome.
Kind of discouraging to hear, but the only think I can say is the rain we had yesterday was not a typical rain. I don't think it stopped once in the 24 hour period from Friday night to Saturday night. Hopefully you'll get less leakage under more "normal" conditions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Kind of discouraging to hear, but the only think I can say is the rain we had yesterday was not a typical rain. I don't think it stopped once in the 24 hour period from Friday night to Saturday night. Hopefully you'll get less leakage under more "normal" conditions.

Mine is in the same place. Your right, this rain is not normal. You might just have to play around when putting the top up, try different orders, window down, snap hood then latch ect. The leak isn't real bad I'm sure it will be ok, dealer will have no problem taking care of it I'm sure. But were going to try different ways first. Love the car, just beautiful !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Editguy said:
Same here. And I've never known an honest owner of a convertible that didn't confess to a leak now and then. And I live in a dry climate.
I drive a 1996 Camaro Z28 SS convertible on a regular basis, and the only time it leaks is under high-pressure washing.

Never had a drop under regular situations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Since the rain stopped today, I had the chance to take the top down. I can see why I'm leaking at the "baby arm" area. Looks to be a drain hole, the only problem is that the part of rubber that hangs back from there is angled down. So the water that gets there will either go down the drain hole or into the cabin. Seems to have been worse on the passenger side due to all the carpet being soaked on that side and about 1 or 2 cm of water in the channel that runs along the door. Driver's side had no water in that area and the carpet wasn't too soaked.

I also have a nice leak in my trunk as well. The area behind the mayan temple was completely soaked with a small pool of water. Also the carpet on the lid of the trunk towards the hinge was wet. Areas around the top drain holes were also wet.

Definitely going to be a trip to the dealer tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Drex said:
Since the rain stopped today, I had the chance to take the top down. I can see why I'm leaking at the "baby arm" area. Looks to be a drain hole, the only problem is that the part of rubber that hangs back from there is angled down. So the water that gets there will either go down the drain hole or into the cabin. Seems to have been worse on the passenger side due to all the carpet being soaked on that side and about 1 or 2 cm of water in the channel that runs along the door. Driver's side had no water in that area and the carpet wasn't too soaked.

I also have a nice leak in my trunk as well. The area behind the mayan temple was completely soaked with a small pool of water. Also the carpet on the lid of the trunk towards the hinge was wet. Areas around the top drain holes were also wet.

Definitely going to be a trip to the dealer tomorrow.
Dude, that sucks. I'll be watching my like a hawk the first time it rains.

Be sure to let us know how the dealer handles it and what sort of tricks they use to fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
slygirl said:
It's been raining since yesterday and I got into my car this morning and noticed drips on the seat. They are coming from the seal in the front. Anyone else had this problem? I did a search and didn't find this particular problem.
I took mine for a drive in the rain yesterday to test it. It seemed to be water tight. I didn't detect any wet spots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
slygirl said:
It's been raining since yesterday and I got into my car this morning and noticed drips on the seat. They are coming from the seal in the front. Anyone else had this problem? I did a search and didn't find this particular problem.
I took mine for a ride in the rain yesterday to test it. I couldn't detect any leaks, but, I didn't leave it outside for a long period of time. It did seem pretty water tight after the ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Fortimir said:
I drive a 1996 Camaro Z28 SS convertible on a regular basis, and the only time it leaks is under high-pressure washing.

Never had a drop under regular situations.
2001 S2000 now and a 1979 MG for a few years.....Knock on wood the Honda has never leaked a drop and the only time the MG did was when it needed the top replaced.

So much for the statement that "every convetible leaks". Maybe just everyone you had did. :yawn:

With the quality of the seals today and the prices of the cars, there is no reason why any convertible should leak. Period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
slygirl said:
It's been raining since yesterday and I got into my car this morning and noticed drips on the seat. They are coming from the seal in the front. Anyone else had this problem? I did a search and didn't find this particular problem.
Damn NJ rain! My Sol is stil MIA, but I got a ton of water in my basement... :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
Ohh how I love to hear about rednine's AWESOME s2000 39 posts and every one of the is about it.
Damn you are a screwed up individual......
Why did you not respond to the gentlemen who said he experienced no leakage in his Z28? Could it be because you assume a GM fellowship?
On a forum where automotive enthusiasts share info re their autos and the problems (sometimes) they encounter, worthwhile info can be gleamed from owners of similar vehicles.
So if someone makes an incorrect blanket statement (ie; all convertible tops leak) attempting to justify or mislead others into accepting a possible flaw in their vehicle, you would rather stick your head in the sand and continue to allow the problem to exist?
By the way I never stated that my S2000 was "awesome". I have merely responded (occasionally) to incorrect posts regarding the Honda. I will also post about misconceptions of other makes of which I have first hand knowledge.
So if you would please keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

Ps, If you want to continue to climb into a wet roadster after every rainfall, believing that this is a natural price YOU must pay, by all means, be my guest. In the meantime :seeya:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,458 Posts
My 1145 is dry as a bone. But I guess if I never take it out of the garage
unless the sun is shining, I might never know. I might get caught in the rain someday, Gee I really hope that never happens. I'll have to check when I wash it. I'm sure it might get dirty someday? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Went for a service visit today. Apparently when thay were trying to close the trunk with the top down on Wednesday when I picked it up, the locking mechanism got bent. They realigned it and then water tested it. Hopefully the problem will be solved.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top