Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think they will have any deasent lease deals? if i can get a good deal on a lease i am going to lease till they offer the super /turbo charger. also i want to get usto the stick on the car. so when i buy the tranney will last longer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've never leased a car before but I know I wouldn't be buying the first year to keep so the idea of leasing has been bouncing around in my head. I wonder what it would run for like a 3 year lease?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. One of the online calculators I used showed a 2-year lease payment being about $10 more per month than a traditional finance payment. But everybody's different regarding downpayment, trade-in, term length, interest rate, etc., so you'll just have to check for yourself.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I would think the lease deal would ultimately hinge on what they will estimate as residual values. Without any history to go by, I don't know how they will calculate it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know how they calculate residual values on a new model either, because they don't have any used values to base it off of. That said, they offered leasing on the GTO from the start. I leased mine and it was a really good deal!

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
eatoninside said:
I don't know how they calculate residual values on a new model either, because they don't have any used values to base it off of. That said, they offered leasing on the GTO from the start. I leased mine and it was a really good deal!
It was a good deal for you but awful for the company that did it. For a new car is based on best stimates at the time, in the case of the GTO their stimates was wrong since the car did not hold it's value as they thought it would.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
LatinVenom said:
It was a good deal for you but awful for the company that did it. For a new car is based on best stimates at the time, in the case of the GTO their stimates was wrong since the car did not hold it's value as they thought it would.
The GTO has been a bad deal for GM all around at this point. Whether the deal was by lease or sale, GM lost their shirts on many GTO’s this past fall/winter. Hopefully things improve, because it really is a great car!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Right now GM is offering 0 down lease deals on Cobalt and I couldn't squint hard enough to see if there are any model limitations. It may be possible to lease a Solstice when they come out. I drive too many miles anymore to lease, although a car like the Sol may get driven under the majic 12k a year common to leases in this area. Some states prohibit leasing (NY) and you must instead go with the "smart buy" which is lease-sized payments up front with a balloon payment in the middle. Better would have bween in the fall to have purchased any new GM at the 0% apr with the guaranteed next car aty same rate they were offering.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
Right now GM is offering 0 down lease deals on Cobalt and I couldn't squint hard enough to see if there are any model limitations. It may be possible to lease a Solstice when they come out. I drive too many miles anymore to lease, although a car like the Sol may get driven under the majic 12k a year common to leases in this area. Some states prohibit leasing (NY) and you must instead go with the "smart buy" which is lease-sized payments up front with a balloon payment in the middle. Better would have bween in the fall to have purchased any new GM at the 0% apr with the guaranteed next car aty same rate they were offering.
One restriction. It doesn't apply to the Cobalt SS. All you can get with the SS is 5.9%, and that's it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
One restriction. It doesn't apply to the Cobalt SS. All you can get with the SS is 5.9%, and that's it.
... and that is only if you can find one of these mysterious Cobalt SS's :glol: GM is still struggling to get them out, although they are supposedly going to be in dealerships by the first week of March.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
... and that is only if you can find one of these mysterious Cobalt SS's :glol: GM is still struggling to get them out, although they are supposedly going to be in dealerships by the first week of March.
I hope so, I really want to go drive one. See how they are and all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts