Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, know we have gone over this a million times :(
However, I've been off the formum for about a week, and didn't see any further discussion.

Now the GM has said the cars are shipping (EOP cars) I would guess that they would have to have come up with a way for you to pay for it (sorry can't do cash).

Any ideas on the lease rates or loan rates on the car yet??

Small Dealer to the rescue again?

·
5,641 Posts
Current programs (which do not include the Solstice) go though August 1st. So lets get to Tuesday and we will see.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
looks like the going rate for purchase is about %5 for 60 months at the moment.....just did a google search for rates.....My credit union is the same..just called them...or they offer a %4.5 variable.....saw one for %3.9...but that was a week or two ago......

will see what GMAC offers..but cant imagine they would put any incentives out for this car.....

·
Registered
766 Posts
There may be a problem with leasing for 1st 1000. Spoke to Shannon at Soltice headquarters and she thinks eop rules disallow third party purchase of this car which leasing requires. Rules require first 1000 title be assumed by buyer. Not sure if this would be true if GM offered the lease.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Zolsol said:
There may be a problem with leasing for 1st 1000. Spoke to Shannon at Soltice headquarters and she thinks eop rules disallow third party purchase of this car which leasing requires. Rules require first 1000 title be assumed by buyer. Not sure if this would be true if GM offered the lease.
Hum interesting. Surprised we never discussed that angle.

·
5,641 Posts
Zolsol said:
Here is a some info from the dealer portion of the EOP rules. I added the bold.

Pontiac EOP Rules said:
9. Vehicle Price:
The base manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the exclusive retail order is $19,995, including destination freight charges and excluding tax, title, license and registration fees, Dealer fees, optional equipment and Dealer-installed equipment. Because a limited number of exclusive retail orders are available, Dealers are strongly encouraged not to sell the vehicle as produced by General Motors for more than MSRP, which does not include tax, title, license, Dealer fees, registration fees and Dealer-installed equipment, if any. If the vehicle is leased, Dealers are strongly encouraged not to set the gross capitalized cost above MSRP, which does not include tax, title, license, Dealer fees and registration fees and any Dealer-installed equipment. The retail purchase price of the vehicle and any Dealer-installed equipment will be determined by the Dealer and its customer.
So it appears that leasing was thought about and considered ok.

When a dealership reports a car sold/delivered, we have a choice of "Retail Sale" or "Retail Lease". If lease is selected, the leasing company is not disclosed to GM/Pontiac. The lessee is listed just as we would if they bought the car. So therefore in a lease the delivery report name would match the EOP registration name.

And in Massachusetts when a car is leased, the registration and title are in the lease company's name. But the lessee is still listed on the application for title and registration. So state records would still reflect the customer's info.

The one thing not to overlook, is that the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices are not eligible for any incentive program. So any lease or rate or rebate program would exclude them.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
The one thing not to overlook, is that the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices are not eligible for any incentive program. So any lease or rate or rebate program would exclude them.
Do you think there is any chance that there will be any type of incentive on this car, particularly in light of all the preorders?
Oh, and thanks again for your participation here Small Dealer. I have been really impressed by the quality of your responses to questions here, and particularly since you're not being paid to do it!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for feedback small dealer. Sounds like gmac leasing may be ok but leasing offered through outside financial entities may be a no go for eopers since I had D&M Leasing offer to buy it from my dealer and lease it to me and dealer refused.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, August 2nd has arrived!

Not that I am interested or anything, but any word on the lease rates? Small Dealer, my resident hero of information, if you got them any chance you could do an example of a Smart Lease and Smart Buy? I know my dealer used to give an example like, 1,500 out of pocket is x dollars per month for a 3 year lease (or smart buy). For every additional 1,000 you put down your monthly payment would decrease by x dollars.

Small Dealer, I'm not sure what state you are in, but I know sales tax and all that jazz will impact the numbers, but as the date draws near and I'm trying to figure out how I will pay for the car even a ballpark number would be a huge help!

I've said it once, but it is worth repeating!

Thanks to Small Dealer and all the other reliable sources and kind folks that make this forum a great place for information and chat! It has been great to have a "support" group for my Solstice addiction!

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
As far as the new Pontiac/GM Incentives programs and Solstice:

The Consumer Cash Rebate or Low Interest Rate GMAC financing, the Solstice is eligible for neither. No rebate, standard GMAC tiered rates. These programs run through September 6th.

The GM Employee Price for Everyone program is extended until September 6th, but again only includes 2005 models.

GMAC SmartLease and SmartBuy programs also run through September 6th. The Solstice is not listed on the program. In the online Residual Value Guide, there is no listing yet. Guess will just have to wait a little longer.

·
5,641 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I know Small Dealer said that the information he had goes until Sept so I will try not to be a pest. But it looks like some EOP people will be getting their cars in August, and it was discussed it isn't against the EOP rules to lease the car. Do you think there is any chance that numbers will be release before the next standard update?

While I know that there are a lot of factors to consider I would hope that the sheer demand for the car (almost half the first year with 'orders' before production started) would lend to higher then average residual values?

Again, thanks to all who continue to provide information!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Traditionally the lease cost on a 36 month lease is a little less than 60% of the MSRP..

I would strongly suggest purchasing the solstice. Demand is high and depreciation will be quite low for the first 2 or 3 years...(pent up demand etc)

Buy the car....

Drive it for as long as you like and if you want to sell youi'll be in a very strong position as the seller...

JMO

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JBsZ06 said:
Traditionally the lease cost on a 36 month lease is a little less than 60% of the MSRP..

I would strongly suggest purchasing the solstice. Demand is high and depreciation will be quite low for the first 2 or 3 years...(pent up demand etc)

Buy the car....

Drive it for as long as you like and if you want to sell youi'll be in a very strong position as the seller...

JMO

Actually I am more interested in the Smart Buy option (balloon payment). For two reasons:
1. In three years I may no longer want the car, or at least want the HiPo version.

2. Cars around these parts (Detroit) do not hold their value at all). While supply \ demand is crazy right now who knows after three years of the Solstice and Sky and the possiblity the HiPo version will be out. Ultimately (I beleive) the Solstice is a call I will want to hold on forever (I'm 27), one because it is fun to drive and beautiful and two I have hopes that value will be like the 60's muscle cars are today.

Given these facts a three year smart buy gives me a set amount of depreciation and flexibility three years down the road. Yes if it is the same price as buying (money down and all tha jazz) I may just consider buying.

Thanks for the imput

1 - 20 of 60 Posts