Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone considering leasing rather than buying? I doubt anyone in the First 1K group would pass up buying, but others may be interested in a lease. I'm considering it, but I was told by my dealer that he couldn't give me any details about a lease program until the car was at the dealership.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I originally did consider leasing as I am full time college student with a part time management job (full time during the summer), but then when I heard about all the after market stuff and the fact that this will be the first year of the cars production, paying a little bit more each month really isn't that big of deal.

·
5,641 Posts
newfan said:
Is anyone considering leasing rather than buying? I doubt anyone in the First 1K group would pass up buying, but others may be interested in a lease. I'm considering it, but I was told by my dealer that he couldn't give me any details about a lease program until the car was at the dealership.

That is true. There have been no residual values issued for the 2006 models, although that could change when the July guide is issued. It is also hard to estimate rates that far into the future. And many times there is a GMAC SmartLease incentive program tht could feature lower rates, increased residuals or cap cost reduction assistance. These programs are announced when the cars are available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fact that it's a first year model actually makes me more inclined to lease. First year cars tend to be full of bugs, and I wouldn't mind those problems being the dealership's problems. Plus, with all the speculation about future Solstice models -- more power, hard top -- I'll be happy to upgrade lease models in 3 years. In the meantime, the lower payments add to the appeal.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is this even an option offered by Pontiac/dealers?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I haven't rented since 1985 :nonod: ,I would rather own objects,real estate,vehicles,etc,I don't care to pay to play on a monthly basis.I'm a cash and carry guy,owing no one. :yesnod: :cool:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Small Dealer said:
That is true. There have been no residual values issued for the 2006 models, although that could change when the July guide is issued. It is also hard to estimate rates that far into the future. And many times there is a GMAC SmartLease incentive program tht could feature lower rates, increased residuals or cap cost reduction assistance. These programs are announced when the cars are available.[/QU

I sure hope they have a good leasing rate on this car. I do plan on leasing or maybe even doing a smart buy. I never keep a car more than 3 years and besides a pepped up version will probably be around by then. But at least a smart buy will give me the best of both worlds! Do you have any guesses on a 3 year lease?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Next to nobody will lease in New York anymore, including GM (GMAC) so it is virtually a no-go for me. Best I could do is a smart buy. However, I generally do not like leasing anyway. I'll be buying, as soon as GM puts the turbo motor in one of these babies! ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Small Dealer said:
That is true. There have been no residual values issued for the 2006 models, although that could change when the July guide is issued. It is also hard to estimate rates that far into the future. And many times there is a GMAC SmartLease incentive program tht could feature lower rates, increased residuals or cap cost reduction assistance. These programs are announced when the cars are available.[/QU

I sure hope they have a good leasing rate on this car. I do plan on leasing or maybe even doing a smart buy. I never keep a car more than 3 years and besides a pepped up version will probably be around by then. But at least a smart buy will give me the best of both worlds! Do you have any guesses on a 3 year lease?
Residuals are out for the H3 a 2006 model. Not saying that the Solstice are out, just that some are out so maybe soon??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts