Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Stickers.

An R-Type decal and a few other choice stickers are worth at least 5hp and cost only a few dollars.
Funny, that reminded me that I saw an NA this summer with a GXP emblem on the back, The obvious NA front fascia and single exhaust was kind of a give away that something was not right, though.....:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
6,426 Posts
The Trifecta tune is $300 from DDM.

It doesn't really add any power, but is said to flatten the torque curve and give better throttle response. The driveability is reported to be quite a bit better, but I have no first-hand experience with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all.....

Just bought a 2007 2.4 manual with only 51,000 miles....like New condition one owner garage kept.....
Would like to add about 20-25 HP or so...nothing crazy.....on a tight budget.

What performance mods would YOU do if it was your car with limited $$$??

Thanks!
Jerry
Don't know if this helps discussion, but it's fun info non-the-less

I took a NA '06 2.4 and 5 spd and stuffed into my '61 Volvo 544.
  • it was a stock 177 HP setup.
  • it's my streetrod and I autocross it too.
I got a CBM Motorsports stand-alone harness (new) with a reprogrammed stock GM ECU with stage 1+ tune promising 197HP
  • I also have a custom intake (with stock throttle body)
  • cat deleted and a custom Spintech muffler. They computer simulated exhaust flow for the 2.4 sounds great to me.
(you check my build on FB at rickclark218, photo albums are all public)

So think I'm about 210-220 hp now.
- I realize y'all can't do everything I did to keep emissions folks happy...
but if you have a track-only setup, might be interesting

I haven't asked CBM, but you could investigate if they'd sell a reprogrammed ECM only for you.
(they won't reprogram yours, they will only burn new units from their source to assure reliability of their tune)..

I also agree with some of the others, tires and sway-bars are big help to handling.
- I run adjustable coil-overs, and run a middle of range setup when I autoX. too stiff and you loose grip on rough surface

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for the input guys......

How do I tell if I have a Limited Slip Diff??

I have the 3 main Option packages.....Chrome wheels, Fog Lights, Power windows,locks, 3 Spoke Leather steering wheel, Info center....Leather seats......Monsoon 7 speaker stereo with Sub.......

41 - 50 of 50 Posts