Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody definitively say when the apparent shortage of optional leather and/or chrome wheels will end? My dealer tells me that he does not know, and that cars with those options will have to wait for production. Although I am a first allocation order, I don't expect my car until late Oct. or Nov., is this realistic? I have ordered all options except smokers & XM. If onstar is available at the time of production, I'll have that included. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
When they had the EOP first 1000 get together a couple of weeks ago, the leather issue was brought up and the response from upper GM management was that all problems had been resolved and would not delay production. A day or two before that gathering, a message was sent out to all dealers from GM that chrome wheels would now be available. Both the things your dealer has told you was delaying your car are no longer valid. What is delaying your car is that GM just hasn't built enough yet but they're working on that as well.

So to answer your question...It will end roughly two weeks ago.

·
5,641 Posts
For the dealer order cylce starting August 18th, there was no longer any constraint on the Chrome Wheels or the Premium Package.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is what my dealer told me???

"The factory is pulling 3 to 4 orders each
month. We continue to ask for additional allocation. Our original allocation
was for 11 total units. We have no doubt that all orders will be filled.
Also, I'm having to fit orders to the constraints we are given each week,
the consistent restriction being the PCQ Premium Package (leather). Those
individuals who have ordered the vehicle with a cloth interior may have
their order filled earlier than expected."

what do you think?

·
5,641 Posts
PureWhite said:

what do you think?
Sound like a perfect summation to me. And most likely accurate for your dealership.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PureWhite said:

what do you think?
Certainly orders with constrained items would not get scheduled for production until those parts become available. I just find it hard to believe that GM would not have anticipated that the majority, IMHO, of Sols ordered would be with leather. They could have easily solved this dilemma beforehand by having had a vinyl interior as a zero cost alternative to the cloth. Then a rudimentary premium package could have been leather steering wheel and shift knob only for $100.

As far as the dealer asking for additional allocation, I think they are out in left field if tehy think that will happen in the first few months. They have not delivered job 1 of their first allocation (outside of F1K)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Then a rudimentary premium package could have been leather steering wheel and shift knob only for $100
I like this idea because I would have gone for it. I can have the seats reupholstered in leather colors of my choice later, but the steering wheel is another matter. But, unfortunately, they are tied to the same package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.