Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the EOP, 1st in line at my dealership. Yesterday my sales person called me and said that he has an order allocation for a solstice and he can put mine in... without leather.

Can anyone explain why we are waiting for leather??? I thought that this issue was resolved.

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
SgtMilburn said:
I'm in the EOP, 1st in line at my dealership. Yesterday my sales person called me and said that he has an order allocation for a solstice and he can put mine in... without leather.

Can anyone explain why we are waiting for leather??? I thought that this issue was resolved.

All EOP orders are supposed to be available with any options. Right?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are, he just said that we can't order the leather package right now. Something about a moritorium or shortage or something crazy like that.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The term EOP is not specific enough....

SgtMilburn said:

The Early Order Program included both the first 1000 exclusive retail orders and the units ordered prior to the first Consensus Cycle as a result of the Apprentice promotion.

Now, the question is, which are you?:
  1. First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order
  2. First 4 Month Allocation
If you're in the 1st 1000, stay with it. They're going to build those exactly as ordered.

If you're in the First 4 month allocation, it might be worth considering, but keep in mind, you'll be trading earlier shipment for the options you really wanted and a lower resale value.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I'm in group two. This is really starting to upset me since I've been bugging the dealership since the frist week of Jan. I just don't understand why I need to wait for leather when it is offered and must be available if it is coming on the 1st 1000. I was also told that I can get the chrome plated rims either, but I see a post here that says otherwise... Am I just working with a really lame dealership?

·
5,641 Posts
During the last three weekly dealer order cycles there has been an order constraint on the Premium Package. First at thr 50% level, then 75%, and last week at 80%. There is also a constraint on the Chrome Wheels at 10% during last week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe the leather issue in NOT a leather shortage, but instead an oversupply of cloth interior products that were prepurchased by the production teams before the orders were placed.

I believe Pontiac anticipated about a 50/50 ratio of the leather/cloth interior packages from buyers, when in fact the majority of people have ordered leather. This has created a supply of cloth interiors that will be wasted unless they force dealers to buy the cars with cloth.

I don't have any FACTS to support this theory - just an opinion!!

USA

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
I believe the leather issue in NOT a leather shortage, but instead an oversupply of cloth interior products that were prepurchased by the production teams before the orders were placed.

I believe Pontiac anticipated about a 50/50 ratio of the leather/cloth interior packages from buyers, when in fact the majority of people have ordered leather. This has created a supply of cloth interiors that will be wasted unless they force dealers to buy the cars with cloth.

USA
If you're right, they shouldn't have tied the leather to the premium package.

·
Registered
182 Posts
USA Millionaire said:

USA
Geez....give the conspiracy theory a break.......you think that they wont be using the same seats for 2007? Nope, I think your opinion is way off base.

·
Registered
212 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
Do you really think they ran out of leather? Last I checked, we still have lots of cows in America!! :yawn:

USA
Just in case, I'm having a steak tonight just to be on the safe side... :devil:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Leather

Well what I hear it is all about MAD COW DISEASE! Not as much leather available? HAHAHAHAH Check out IDXX for a nice ride.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Would think his order would be long gone into production if he was first 1000.

Must be 1st allocation.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How would they have predicted a 50/50 split between leather/cloth? Would they be based on what is sold in similar cars such as Miata, etc?

I would think that a majority of convertibles in general would be ordered with leather interior, no matter what the price range. Although my friend just bought a 1991 Miata and it has cloth seats.

·
Registered
288 Posts
USA Millionaire said:

USA

Riiiiiiiggggghhht. Everyone knows how expensive CLOTH is!!! Plus, when you factor in how quickly the stuff spoils, you can easily understand why Pontiac would hold up production in order to get rid of the stuff... :lol:

Flagg

·
2,574 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
The Early Order Program included both the first 1000 exclusive retail orders and the units ordered prior to the first Consensus Cycle as a result of the Apprentice promotion.

Now, the question is, which are you?:
  1. First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order
  2. First 4 Month Allocation
If you're in the 1st 1000, stay with it. They're going to build those exactly as ordered.

If you're in the First 4 month allocation, it might be worth considering, but keep in mind, you'll be trading earlier shipment for the options you really wanted and a lower resale value.

CA, I'm blocking on your point about lower resale value. The light will probably go on as soon as I hit the "post" button but I'm not with you. What's up with the resale value?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think he's trying to say if you wait a few months to get your car, you can actually get the options you want. If people want loaded cars - he believes the resell will be better on loaded cars because more people want them, than basic cars. The will make the demand higher for loaded cars, which in turn will give a better resale value than the lower demand basic cars.

Good logic!!

USA

·
2,574 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
I think he's trying to say if you wait a few months to get your car, you can actually get the options you want. If people want loaded cars - he believes the resell will be better on loaded cars because more people want them, than basic cars. The will make the demand higher for loaded cars, which in turn will give a better resale value than the lower demand basic cars.

Good logic!!

USA
I agree, Millioniare, If that was his meaning. Auto tranny might be worth something in the aftermarket to some who either can't or do not want to drive the stick but thats where I would draw the line. Most other options are worth it but I couldn't bring myself to getting the slusher.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.