Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed LED's everywhere in the car; the headlights, fog lights, tail lights, license plate lights, back up lights, trunk light, and the 2 rearview mirror lights. After having the lights all converted for about a month and a half I happened to be walking through my garage over the weekend while it was pitch black and noticed that the rearview mirror lights were both on, but just BARELY. I presume theres some sort of a voltage leak ut I'm not sure. They seem to be so dim that I dont feel that they're going to harm anything or even drain the battery, so at this point I plan to leave them and not worry about it. Has anyone else installed these and noticed them being on??

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Yes, this is common/normal. No it won't hurt.

You may well want to take some time and read through old threads on the forum (and skyroadster and kappaperformance). You'll find a huge amount of info about your car, many mods you might like to try and answers to all of your posted questions and many you haven't asked yet.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, this is common/normal. No it won't hurt.

You may well want to take some time and read through old threads on the forum (and skyroadster and kappaperformance). You'll find a huge amount of info about your car, many mods you might like to try and answers to all of your posted questions and many you haven't asked yet.
Thanks Tomato! I did a quick search and noticed that you've raised your mirrors up from th initial location. Im glad I found that because me being 6'2" Im always ducking to see under the mirror! I'll plan to raise mine up too.

it looks super awesome, doesnt it?
Looks SUPER awesome without a doubt. I love it!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks Tomato! I did a quick search and noticed that you've raised your mirrors up from th initial location. Im glad I found that because me being 6'2" Im always ducking to see under the mirror! I'll plan to raise mine up too.

Looks SUPER awesome without a doubt. I love it!!
I kinda wanna swap to red led's cos i think it would look way cooler when its parked on the street at night, but i worry of the loss of functionality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I installed LED's everywhere in the car; the headlights, fog lights, tail lights, license plate lights, back up lights, trunk light, and the 2 rearview mirror lights. After having the lights all converted for about a month and a half I happened to be walking through my garage over the weekend while it was pitch black and noticed that the rearview mirror lights were both on, but just BARELY. I presume theres some sort of a voltage leak ut I'm not sure. They seem to be so dim that I dont feel that they're going to harm anything or even drain the battery, so at this point I plan to leave them and not worry about it. Has anyone else installed these and noticed them being on??
I experenced the same issue. I store my Solstice over winter with a small trickle charger on the battery, and it fired right up in spring, no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts