Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed LED bulbs for brake lights, yes they hyperflash. And I made the mistake of putting the resistor in the wrong spot (~$300 oops). So after thinking about this, is it possible to reprogram the BCM to modulate the speed the turn signals flash at without having to install resistors? Question 2: Can the BCM be reprogrammed to limit the voltage to the turn signals from the original setting so it won't throw a code (this would be fabulous as it would solve/answer both issues/questions).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
not the answer, but i have vehicles that i have changed bulbs to LED and i refuse to add the resistors because of location and heat problems; SO i put up with the hyperflash because of their brightness

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
i believe i have read somewhere that the existing BCM cannot be reprogrammed because it is burned to the VIN. but its possible that an entirely new BCM can be programmed. but i cannot fully give you a 100% answer, as its a hazy memory. im sorry op i couldnt of been of further help.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
I switched my turn signals to LEDs and installed the resistors across the hot and ground wires to the LEDs. Trick is to mount the resistors to some heat resistant surface. I mounted mine to the metal tray at the rear of the trunk right beside the turn signal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts