Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the autoshow in Cleveland Ohio this past weekend and saw both a Solstice and Sky in person. Both looked outstanding- really sharp. Both had the dark gray paint with gray on the sol's interior and red and gray on the sky's. Of course they would not open the trunk nor let people sit in the car but I did get the spokesperson to sit in the sky. She has the same inseam as me 34" and was about 5'9" tall. She had plenty of legroom and headroom to burn. She raised her hand above her about 6" and still was easily below windshield top. So it looks like tall people (I am 6'4") will not have a problem fitting in the car. :) :) :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up", so to speak. I'm 6'2" and was pretty sure that I would fit, judging by the specs released by Pontiac. I have a 36" inseam so this is good news.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Check the gallery under auto shows. There is a picture of an Asian GM rep who is 6'3" in the car. Bob Lutz chief Solstice exec is 6'2" also.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
mceb said:
Check the gallery under auto shows. There is a picture of an Asian GM rep who is 6'3" in the car. Bob Lutz chief Solstice exec is 6'2" also.
For some reason I think the last post was really wanting to look at the lady with long legs... and not for reference information on fitting in the car. Could be wrong... but that's how I read his post.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think we talked about this in a previous thread, and it sort of concluded that we really need to know what the leg room distance and head room distance are before we can really make any good assesments of wether we will fot. For example I believe that Rodeo is a taller guy who fits nicely in the miata, but Brentil :brentil: who is a few inches shorter cannot fit.

·
4,592 Posts
Brian said:
I think we talked about this in a previous thread, and it sort of concluded that we really need to know what the leg room distance and head room distance are before we can really make any good assesments of wether we will fot. For example I believe that Rodeo is a taller guy who fits nicely in the miata, but Brentil :brentil: who is a few inches shorter cannot fit.

Brian, you almost got it right, here you go:

For example I believe that Rodeo is a taller guy who fits nicely in the miata :), but Brentil who is a few inches shorter cannot fit :brentil:.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
RODEO said:

For example I believe that Rodeo is a taller guy who fits nicely in the miata :), but Brentil who is a few inches shorter cannot fit :brentil:.
Yeah, that's me. :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
89 Posts
sun visors

I have never seen a picture of a Sol with sun visors. ??

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
RODEO said:

To clarify - the only thing we can conclude is that brentil will NOT fit in a Mi*ta, whereas Rodeo can, even though Rodeo is taller.

IMHO, I think that brentil will likely fit in a Solstice. Rodeo may be a bit more comfortable, but I still think brentil will be fine. Just a feeling I have.

·
4,592 Posts
solsticeman said:
To clarify - the only thing we can conclude is that brentil will NOT fit in a Mi*ta, whereas Rodeo can, even though Rodeo is taller.

IMHO, I think that brentil will likely fit in a Solstice. Rodeo may be a bit more comfortable, but I still think brentil will be fine. Just a feeling I have.
In the Sol, Brentil may enjoy hanging his arm out the window :) , where I may need a booster seat to do the same :brentil: I really look forward to sitting in the Sol, not to mention driving it.

But of course, I'm the only one waiting impatiently :lol: !

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
solsticeman said:

I'm going to go sit in a Z3 this weekend, and a co-worker has a C5 Convertible. I can get their headroom values and compare the fit of them all.

·
Registered
118 Posts
brentil said:
I'm going to go sit in a Z3 this weekend, and a co-worker has a C5 Convertible. I can get their headroom values and compare the fit of them all.

I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam.
I can not sit in a Miata (at least not the first year version) because knees hit the dash.
I can not sit in an S2000 because knees hit the dash so badly that my feet can't get to the pedals!
I can sit in a Z3 reasonably well until the top is up, then my head rubs hard on the liner.
The Z4 feels great. Plenty of leg and head room. Just can't figure out why everyone of them seems to have funny creases in the front quarter panels and doors ;)
Let's hope the Sol is similar to the Z4 regarding interior space!

·
4,592 Posts
brentil said:
Hey Brentil, just be sure not to POP in those cars, it's an awful mess :brentil:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts